Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Eagles Hologram Tour- What If?

Default Re: An Eagles Hologram Tour- What If?

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Sorry, groupie, I realize I misunderstood your question before. It won’t be taken from an actual video. In the case of ABBA, the images will be taken from the band members as well as actors whose movements, gestures, etc. will be used to re-create performances; recordings of past concerts will be used to help. At least that’s how I understand it.
    Oh! I was thinking they would just use a video and "recreate" it...

The idea of them making an entirely new concert by manipulating images and videos does sit a little less comfortably with me. It's like they'd become characters in a virtual reality video game.

Maybe I could look at it that way... I'd be buying tickets to participate in the Eagles Virtual Reality Experience Video Game. I've done a Star Trek one. This time, instead of flying the Enterprise with realistic facsimiles of Captain Kirk, Spock, and Dr. McCoy, I'd be at a concert with realistic facsimiles of the Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hmmm, I thought it would be more like a video as well. I see why some people have been saying that it would be weird now.
    Knowing me, I would probably still go. Randy in CalJam would be a good one, but I would take any time span with him...

You guys probably heard about all the controversy surrounding whether or not to use a hologram of Prince during the halftime show of the Superbowl. It made me think of this thread. Apparently, Prince was not on board with the idea, calling them "demonic" when he was asked about the technology before his death.

I wonder what the remaining Eagles would say?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You guys probably heard about all the controversy surrounding whether or not to use a hologram of Prince during the halftime show of the Superbowl. It made me think of this thread. Apparently, Prince was not on board with the idea, calling them "demonic" when he was asked about the technology before his death.

They would say they don't need to use a hologram because as far as they are concerned, they are still the 'Eagles' or something like that.

If they were to do such a thing it would be an uncomfortable reminder of what they have lost.

Oh no, God forbid they try to use one now! I meant as entirely separate endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I see...where does the audio come from? I'm still not sure how I'd feel about this.
    The vocals would come from recordings and likely a backing track would be used too. As shown in the Ronnie James Dio video, there could also be a live band.

Probably most people would agree it would have been wrong to use a Prince hologram when he had spoken out against it. So I’m glad it didn’t happen. I thought it was so neat when the city lights lit up purple and you could see the Prince symbol.

My guess:

Don H - yes, provided he exercises creative control and gets a cut of 30% of the profits

Joe - yes

Timothy - yes

Don F - no

Bernie - hell no

Randy - <crickets>

I have no idea what Cindy Frey would say.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Sadly Ahmet Zappa is doing this with Frank.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/frank...hologram-tour/

The names listed as participating in this include two of my husband's heroes, Mike Keneally & Steve Vai, plus Ray White, who we saw with Dweezil.

We will be seeing Dweezil on February 23 & we know that he will pay proper homage to his father's music.

My guess:

Don H - yes, provided he exercises creative control and gets a cut of 30% of the profits

Joe - yes

Timothy - yes

Don F - no

Bernie - hell no

Randy - <crickets>

LOL. I bet you're right though. I could sadly see them doing this at some point in the future, if Irving thought it would be lucrative.

As long as it makes Irving money anything is possible.

holograms we have youtube

The vocals would come from recordings and likely a backing track would be used too. As shown in the Ronnie James Dio video, there could also be a live band.

Probably most people would agree it would have been wrong to use a Prince hologram when he had spoken out against it. So I’m glad it didn’t happen. I thought it was so neat when the city lights lit up purple and you could see the Prince symbol.

My guess:

Joe - yes

Timothy - yes

Don F - no

Bernie - hell no

Randy - <crickets>

Maybe it will allow Felder to finally rejoin the band they don't actually have to see each other and never have to speak to each other :lol

I wonder if the holograms would actually get in a fight