Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I loved that too about "One of These Nights" and finally hearing Glenn's backing vocals. I could never make his out in the original single even though I knew he was singing, but here I heard him clearly.
    Me too, Buffy! Plus I can hear Don H and Randy harmonizing on NKIT. Usually I only hear Don during those parts. It’s funny to hear Glenn introducing the song as “There’s a New Kid in Town.”

Also, he quips “that’s a nice shirt”—I wonder who he’s talking to? I’m going to try and check out some pics from the concert.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I finally got mine too, and wow. Totally worth it. My favorite era and lineup of the Eagles, hands down.

I put the main songs from the album on my iTunes which replaced my other CD copy that I had ripped. I think the quality is a bit better.

But the live tracks are soooo flippin' good I can't get enough. Really awesome.

The pictures are really cool as well, definitely worth it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Originally Posted by New Kid In Town
    YEF - Great review. Question: Where did you find the live concert on you tube? I have never seen the concert included on this album on you tube.
    Just wondering.......

Originally Posted by YEF
    I found it by accident but if you look up say “Good Day In Hell live at the forum 1976” it should come up, when you watch under the suggested videos you should see the others pop up or you can just look them up directly. I think it’s posted under Eagles topic.

YEF - Thanks for the info on the link. Played most of them and they sounded amazing ! Especially, TALA, NKIT, and OOTN. I am def going to get at least the two disc set. WOW.

Stuck on the Border

Is there any info about the making of the album, tour etc. in the booklet? I love that kind of stuff. I may buy this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I've been studying the HC-era photo of Glenn on the bed, blowing smoke into an iguana's face while Randy looks on with a dubious expression. Can't decide of that's a real (live) iguana or no... What do you think?
    NMB, that is an awesome shoot!! There is another picture in the book from that same scene and the Iguana is in between Randy & Don H (I believe, I do not have the picture in front of me at the moment) and it looks like a statue to me. Although it does look live in the pic you are speaking of. But then again I would not put anything past them...

I saw on Facebook (and I also checked on Billboard.com) that the reissue is at no. 2 on the Top Rock Album charts and no. 44 on the Billboard 200 Album charts. Not bad for a 40 year old album that was reissued.

They also pushed Bob Seger's new album from no. 2 to no. 5. Elton is right them at no. 4 and climbing.

I also looked at other charts. I don't know what this chart means, but they're at no. 62 on the Top 100 Artist Chart. No. 7 on the Catalog Album Charts.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-albums

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I celebrated the anniversary of HC by buying this as a Christmas present for a friend yesterday, December 8. Can't wait to get mine!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Well, I guess this is a little late compared to everyone else but, I purchased the two disc cd today at Walmart. It was only $14.99. It had the little booklet but nothing else. I know people mentioned a key chain and HC matchbooks. Was that only if a person purchased it from the Eagles website ? Just wondering. I truthfully would probably do nothing with the matches - I have never smoked. I don't collect them either(I do back in the late 70's & 80's).
    I would have liked the key chain though. Oh well, no big deal.

I was wondering about that as well. The one I picked up for my friend was purchased at Walmart and had no matches or keychain.

Maybe it was a special promotion at the record store?

Shadowland, tell us more about where you got your version! Inquiring minds want to know! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ah yes, sorry it's taken me a while. Two record stores in Indianapolis were giving away a poster, keychain and matchbook with any purchase of the reissue as well as any other album from the guys; Indy CD and Vinyl and Luna Music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbw17dIA...n-by=lunamusic

I think the Amoeba Music locations in California were doing the same thing.