Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

I finally got my package in yesterday!! First thing I did was thumb through all those pictures. Just dreamy...
    Can't wait to devote more time to it.

Post any you find particularly yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

As for the Nikon Don footage, he'd sic his lawyers on you
    Don’t give him any ideas! He’d have to find me first, lol.

Actually I meant that concert footage/extra recordings may be literally hiding underneath the hoards of home movies, which may be stored in a back corner somewhere...and would explain why Henley and Azoff can’t find any extra stuff to release.

Quote Originally Posted by armus2112 View Post
    Their performance live at The Los Angeles Forum is spectacular. These guys were absolutely perfect live. Amazing.
    I absolutely agree. Good Day in Hell is awesome—that slide guitar, wow!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I’ve finally gotten to listen to the tracks on YouTube so here are some of my thoughts

Take It To The Limit: a more inconsistent lead vocal from Randy. He sings a couple parts in the outro different (more like the Seattle version) and he has trouble initially with the high note. The strings (I think they are there) add a nice touch to it live

Already gone: excellent lead by Glenn but I am really dissapointed by how the background vocals aren’t louder on the chorus. That’s one my favorite things in Eagles songs was AG’s chorus. It seems only Glenn Randy and Don are singing, at least to me.

Take it easy: reminds of the Capital centre video, which is a great thing. I much prefer Randy singing vs Timothy in this song and I think it shows

One Of These Nights: absolutely loves they included this song in there. It is an amazing performance and one of my favorite things is how easy it is to hear Glenn in the choruses. I could never hear him before and it adds to my appreciation to the vocals in the song. One weird thing it seems like someone says something right as don says the intro line of “One of These nights” odd

Witchy woman: sadly no extended intro which rocks but still a really good job. Don plays with the phrasing of the lines a little and i was able to hear Joe a good amount in the background.

Funk #49: not a whole lot to say. The background vocals were great and Joe sang pretty well

Good Day In Hell: it was nice to hear this live. I liked how they changed “whiskey” to “Quaaludes and wine”, don and Glenn sing well together (Glenn being more prominent) and the slide guitar rocks.

James Dean: I was impressed with how well they played this. It’s not a song I particularly care for but it was really good. I loved the outro with the “too fast too live too young to die”. The guitars were great

Overall I loved the performance I’m so glad we got a lot of songs not on Eagles Live. I was thrilled at how well you could hear individual parts from the vocals, the bass, and other guitar parts. I always had trouble with Glenn and Joe but in this I could hear them. Glenn seemed to be having a great time with the Ad libs flowing out. My only wish was that they put Best Of My Love as one of the songs but I’m still thrilled with how these songs came out

I finally got a chance to listen to Live at the Forum and the audio is terrific. New Kid in Town made the hair stand up on my arms. This is one cd I'll be playing a lot of.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I loved that too about "One of These Nights" and finally hearing Glenn's backing vocals. I could never make his out in the original single even though I knew he was singing, but here I heard him clearly.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’ve finally gotten to listen to the tracks on YouTube so here are some of my thoughts
    Take It To The Limit: a more inconsistent lead vocal from Randy. He sings a couple parts in the outro different (more like the Seattle version) and he has trouble initially with the high note. The strings (I think they are there) add a nice touch to it live
    Already gone: excellent lead by Glenn but I am really dissapointed by how the background vocals aren’t louder on the chorus. That’s one my favorite things in Eagles songs was AG’s chorus. It seems only Glenn Randy and Don are singing, at least to me.
    Take it easy: reminds of the Capital centre video, which is a great thing. I much prefer Randy singing vs Timothy in this song and I think it shows
    One Of These Nights: absolutely loves they included this song in there. It is an amazing performance and one of my favorite things is how easy it is to hear Glenn in the choruses. I could never hear him before and it adds to my appreciation to the vocals in the song. One weird thing it seems like someone says something right as don says the intro line of “One of These nights” odd
    Witchy woman: sadly no extended intro which rocks but still a really good job. Don plays with the phrasing of the lines a little and i was able to hear Joe a good amount in the background.
    Funk #49: not a whole lot to say. The background vocals were great and Joe sang pretty well
    Good Day In Hell: it was nice to hear this live. I liked how they changed “whiskey” to “Quaaludes and wine”, don and Glenn sing well together (Glenn being more prominent) and the slide guitar rocks.
    James Dean: I was impressed with how well they played this. It’s not a song I particularly care for but it was really good. I loved the outro with the “too fast too live too young to die”. The guitars were great
    Overall I loved the performance I’m so glad we got a lot of songs not on Eagles Live. I was thrilled at how well you could hear individual parts from the vocals, the bass, and other guitar parts. I always had trouble with Glenn and Joe but in this I could hear them. Glenn seemed to be having a great time with the Ad libs flowing out. My only wish was that they put Best Of My Love as one of the songs but I’m still thrilled with how these songs came out
    YEF - Great review. Question: Where did you find the live concert on you tube? I have never seen the concert included on this album on you tube.
    Just wondering.......

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    I finally got my package in yesterday!! First thing I did was thumb through all those pictures. Just dreamy...
    Can't wait to devote more time to it.
    I've been studying the HC-era photo of Glenn on the bed, blowing smoke into an iguana's face while Randy looks on with a dubious expression. Can't decide of that's a real (live) iguana or no... What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - Great review. Question: Where did you find the live concert on you tube? I have never seen the concert included on this album on you tube.
    Just wondering.......
    I found it by accident but if you look up say “Good Day In Hell live at the forum 1976” it should come up, when you watch under the suggested videos you should see the others pop up or you can just look them up directly. I think it’s posted under Eagles topic

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I found it by accident but if you look up say “Good Day In Hell live at the forum 1976” it should come up, when you watch under the suggested videos you should see the others pop up or you can just look them up directly. I think it’s posted under Eagles topic
    Thank You