Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Default Re: Did they ask Bernie and Randy to be part of the reunion in 1994?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    One of the things I discovered about U.S. Copyright law is that apparently only the writers of a song's melody and lyrics are legally entitled to receive songwriting credit. To me, the writer of a song's music should also be entitled to royalties as well. At least, the members of the Eagles apparently agreed because they did credit the writer of the music.
    That is a practice which is fairly common I would say (the latter, I mean). In certain cases a band member having nothing to do with the writing of a song might receive credit as recompense for other reasons; it's sort of the same situation as someone else owning all or part of an artist's publishing. The industry in its various permutations has a core practice: external forces often dictate who ends up with the cash.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luna65 View Post
    That is a practice which is fairly common I would say (the latter, I mean). In certain cases a band member having nothing to do with the writing of a song might receive credit as recompense for other reasons; it's sort of the same situation as someone else owning all or part of an artist's publishing. The industry in its various permutations has a core practice: external forces often dictate who ends up with the cash.

I so enjoy reading posts by those who know what they are talking about!

Yeah I'm still not sure whether knowing some of the inner workings of the industry is a good thing or a bad thing.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

Thanks for the info, dreamer and luna.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't think that HFO was in any way shape or form a "reunion tour" . It was the band reuniting & staying together. The HFO album & tour was the start of that. Berne & Randy were no longer in the band, & from what I understood had both"quit" the band a long time before the 1980 demise.

I don't think anyone expected them to appear since they were both replaced with new band members.

Banned

I'm pretty sure that Randy, rather than Timothy was the expected bassist for the Eagles reunion. The Long Run was the only previous Eagles album that Randy hadn't played on. He was the bassist on the two mega-selling Eagles albums. He even appeared on Greatest Hits II and Eagles Live that were released after he'd left.

It was a creditable decision to ask Tim first but I reckon most Eagles fans would have preferred a reunion of the Hotel California line up.

Didn't turn out too bad though

Glenn uses the word "resumption" to describe HFO.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Randy, rather than Timothy was the expected bassist for the Eagles reunion. The Long Run was the only previous Eagles album that Randy hadn't played on. He was the bassist on the two mega-selling Eagles albums. He even appeared on Greatest Hits II and Eagles Live that were released after he'd left.

It was a creditable decision to ask Tim first but I reckon most Eagles fans would have preferred a reunion of the Hotel California line up.

Didn't turn out too bad though
    Why would you think that? Timothy was already established as their bass player? Why skip over him and go back to someone who had quit? This boggles my mind that you would think this!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

While I can see that a fan, without the resources we have these days for tracking the comings and goings of band members, might have expected Randy to return, I can't believe it was ever seriously considered by anyone associated with the band.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I don't believe we have any information that Randy was expected to be the bassist for HFO. Except maybe in his own mind he was hoping...