Page 78 of 195 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

yeah really great news that Don is in the studio...Randy's single with Don is really good...I've always liked Randy Travis' voice...really old time country...sounds great with Don's...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The full speech given by Don when The Byrds were inducted into the HOF.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioQa26gDc4[/ame]
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - THANK YOU, VA!!!! That is wonderful - I had never seen it before. It is perfect since there hasn't been much new to report on Don lately. He's been keeping on the down-low so we needed something to liven things up here a bit!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks VA.!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Don will be helping aspiring artists the end of July!

The Camp Jam Power Chord Academy and its rock and roll summer camps for teenage musicians and year-round, educational rock and roll music programs for kids and adults, comes to the Saint Mary's College July 22-Aug. 4.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...students-rally
    VK

A car show and a chance to win a guitar signed by Don. In Cass County this weekend.

http://www.news-journal.com/casscoun...94a69caa0.html
    VK

Album to be 'finished' mid-July, but no release date as he has no label. Five page interview ahead of next week's concert.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120622/...nclick_check=1
    VK

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

First wanna say how cool it was that he answered all of their questions. Loved the interview, tho part of it could be described as "beating a dead horse" but we expected that when that particular question was asked.

Loved the Heart of The Matter info. I know that's a song that means a lot to me.

How about the mention of Randy Newman and how the song Guilty is one that he would of liked to have written? Thought FP when I read that part.

My favorite part of the interview:
    Q: If you had to give a synopsis of your career in just acouple of sentences, what would you say?
    A; Longer and better than I ever imagined. I am amazed and grateful every day.
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 06-26-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    My favorite party of the interview:
    Q: If you had to give a synopsis of your career in just acouple of sentences, what would you say?
    A; Longer and better than I ever imagined. I am amazed and grateful every day.
    Awww

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I admired Don's intelligence from earlier interviews I saw in the nineties (in the last few weeks on YouTube ). He gives extremely thoughtful, profound and articulate answers and had he not chosen (or it chose him) music as a career then I have no doubt he would have been an academic of some kind.

THAT question, yes, I get it...but the one word I never saw him mention was promotion...piracy and promotion are two different animals. Like him, I have very definite, strong views on that.

I really enjoyed his comments on family, his musical influences and the pros and cons of raising kids..still doing it and I only have one.

The Mojo episode, agree with what Mojo said..and Don put it all into perspective, callng him an iconoclast - we used to have a television show in Australia (on the ABC) called The Iconoclasts [or something similar] - where different entertainment figures showed a new perspective of themselves in an offbeat way. I think Don has a sense of humour, just he prefers to be a serious musician..and he has a great smile..I sense a very dry wit there and quite obviously he takes no crap from anybody!!

Agree with the analog[ue] comments, digitising cleans up a recording but takes away the soul..I can tell too when I listen to more modern recordings compared to those pre-digital...and explains why newer artists can't recreate that same sound live on stage. The old school got it right, in my opinion.

The Heart Of The Matter - anybody who looks him up on wikipedia will see that some of his personal life is mentioned..I thought I read somewhere that this song was to do with the Eagles break up; so there you go.

Loved his last comment...that sums it up very well. He is a no-nonsense kind of man, down to earth and respects his senior persona..how refreshing is that much more dignified that way (very classy too)
    I See what You see...