Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Random Victims, Pt 3

Default Re: Random Victims, Pt 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Who do you think is singing to the music of Hotel Calfornia? I'm talking about the lines "I am a dreamer, you are a dreamer, let's go on dreaming like this."
    I always thoughts that Joe sing this line!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

oh the "we wait" part is definately Glenn, it's my favorite part

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I also think that a lot of the wait, wait, wait, wait, wait stuff is Glenn, but there are obviously others in that part that I can't figure out - for example, who sings the shout out parts "we love to, everybody now, wait some more" and what about the lines "rub your belly in linseed oil, wrap your head in aluminum foil"? (BTW - aren't those amazing lyrics? )

Of course, none of us really knows the real answers to any of this stuff. However, I think it is fun to speculate and hear people's opinions, and to see if and when we come to a conscensus on any of it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

This is the first chance I've had to listen to this since the topic was started. I'll give my opinion on these tough questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    who is the one doing the squib after the lil section of King of Hollywood?
    Sounds like Glenn to me - I agree with Dreamer that it makes sense since Glenn was singing prior and you can hear Don joking with him that he should take a break so his "voice will clear up." (By the way, what's a squib?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Who do you think is singing to the music of Hotel California? I'm talking about the lines "I am a dreamer, you are a dreamer, let's go on dreaming like this."
    I'm thinking Glenn. Something about the enunciation of the vowels. Hard to say, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    So all the 'we wait, wait' stuff - who's that?
    The most prominent vocal sounds like Glenn to me. You can hear his accent especially on parts like "We ordered dinner late last night."

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer[/quote
    who sings the shout out parts "we love to, everybody now, wait some more"
    It's complicated since different people seem to be throwing in different lines. I think the most prominent of the shout-outs is Don Henley. You can especially hear his accent on the quiet "everybody, everybody."

..and what about the lines "rub your belly in linseed oil, wrap your head in aluminum foil"? (BTW - aren't those amazing lyrics? )
    No idea! I think it might be someone other than Glenn and Don since they were already singing. Still, it doesn't really sounds like Joe and definitely not Tim or Randy. I suppose it could be Felder just by process of elimination. BTW, those clever lyrics are courtesy of Steve Allen.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Okay - I like this thread so I am going to try to keep it going. I'll start at the beginning of the RV, pt. 3 track with my question ...

Who do you think is singing to the music of Hotel Calfornia? I'm talking about the lines "I am a dreamer, you are a dreamer, let's go on dreaming like this."

At first, I thought it was Don since he normally sings the song. But the more I listen to it, I now think it is Joe - it especially sounds like Joe when he sings the words "like this" at the end.
    Joe has always come to mind when I've listed to this. I vote Joe.

who sings the shout out parts "we love to, everybody now, wait some more"

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's complicated since different people seem to be throwing in different lines. I think the most prominent of the shout-outs is Don Henley. You can especially hear his accent on the quiet "everybody, everybody."
    I decided to revive this thread with another Random Victims mystery question when I realized I had forgotten to respond to this. After reading Soda's remarks and listening to it again carefully, ITA that Don H. is singing the "everybody, everybody" part.

Now I'm interested to hear folks opinion on this one ...

Who is saying the lines "...my nerves are fried, my neves are raw from drinking and bein' in love..." ???

I'm gonna say that this is also Don Henley.

Stuck on the Border

I always thought it was Joe because I have a vague memory that he used the exact same phrase in an interview.

I remember that there's a review that attributes that line to Joe, but I think that was just the reviewer's opinion. On first listen something about it made me think it was Don, but when I re-listened to it, I think it could very well be Joe.... dang, these guys don't make it easy.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In recognition of today being the 10 anniversary of the release of the "Selected Works" box set, I thought I would revive this thread with another mystery question about Random Victims, Pt.3. So whaduya think about this one ...

Who is singing on the phenomenol track "I Broke My Toe"?

I'm thinking it is Glenn that broke his toe, but I have no idea who is singing lead on the "he broke his toe" backup part. I'm gonna guess that it is Felder because of the deep voice.

And let me not forget this ...

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY SELECTED WORKS!!!

I may just have to listen to the Millennium Concert sometimes today to celebrate!

In recognition of today being the 10 anniversary of the release of the "Selected Works" box set, I thought I would revive this thread with another mystery question about Random Victims, Pt.3. So whaduya think about this one ...

Who is singing on the phenomenol track "I Broke My Toe"?

I'm thinking it is Glenn that broke his toe, but I have no idea who is singing lead on the "he broke his toe" backup part. I'm gonna guess that it is Felder because of the deep voice.

And let me not forget this ...

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY SELECTED WORKS!!!

I may just have to listen to the Millennium Concert sometimes today to celebrate!
    I agree that it is Glenn but I have no idea who is singing the backup part. I never thought of it being Felder. You could be right as we rarely hear his voice.

The Millennium Concert! Sure sounds like a good way to celebrate to me, man!