Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

I got mine a couple of weeks - the two-disc set. I love it, especially the concert CD - it is awesome!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I Purchased the expanded version the day it got released. I love the bonus cd with the live songs, just a shame it only has 10 songs on it. But having said that I do love hearing James Dean and Already gone live. I know they played three nights at the Forum, did they record every night?

I'm pretty sure they recorded every night, although I'm not sure we hear material from all three nights.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm pretty sure they recorded every night, although I'm not sure we hear material from all three nights.
    Did they record a majority of their shows back then, or just special nights? I know in Felder's book, he talks about getting the tapes from HFO tour and listening to them in his room.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Did they record a majority of their shows back then, or just special nights? I know in Felder's book, he talks about getting the tapes from HFO tour and listening to them in his room.
    I have no definitive knowledge about this. Personally, I don't think they recorded their shows as a matter of course back then. There are very few high quality bootlegs circulating from the 70s, and I think there would be more if it were their practice to record shows regularly. The circulating high quality bootlegs from 70s tours that aren't special shows are Japanese shows.

All of this is entirely speculative, however.

In other news, I finally purchased and listened to my deluxe 40th Anniversary Hotel California and it is worth every penny!

I think hard core fans should spring for the book - I know we wanted more audio rarities, but the memorabilia really is wonderful. I know I paid far more collectively for that tourbook, that poster, and comparable magazine articles/photos on eBay back when I was building my collection - that's not even counting how much I shelled out for that DVD-A!

The live material is wonderful! I adore it!

Hotel California is not my favorite of the Eagles albums - I prefer Desperado - but listening to it on the Blu-Ray does really bring home how masterful it is. Of course, I had already heard this on the DVD-A but it never hurts to hear it again. That being said, I couldn't help but sing along, so I did deprive myself of the "sit in silence aural experience" one is supposed to ideally have! Perhaps next time... it is difficult to carve out a time when one can simply sit in front of the television and listen, one drawback of the Blu-Ray format.

Looking through the booklet made me a bit nostalgic for the time when I was building the site. Back then, as soon as I bought a new magazine or songbook with photos I hadn't seen before, I'd run to the scanner and have it uploaded to the site within hours. That was back when I was graduate student and even then, it was exhausting, but it was a joyous time. Now that Glenn is gone that kind of joy might not ever be there in full, but the music will always be there - and its inherent power cannot be diminished. No one can take that away.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

And look how many people around the world have enjoyed all your hard work. I for one, cannot thank you enough for the money you spent & the hours it took building the site. I know it was a labor of love for you.

It has brought me countless hours of joy too!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    And look how many people around the world have enjoyed all your hard work. I for one, cannot thank you enough for the money you spent & the hours it took building the site. I know it was a labor of love for you.

It has brought me countless hours of joy too!
    Agreed ! Thank You Soda for all your great work.
    I would have loved to see/have the tour book but did not want the third disc as I don't have the equipment for it.

I wasn't going to get this, but I was in Best Buy today and the 2-CD version was on sale, so I bought it. The live CD is great, I just wish there were more songs on it. I love that there are so many Glenn songs on it!

I'm absolutely loving the live CD from this!

My favorite era of the Eagles. I think the live songs are great and I've been listening to it a lot lately.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."