Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I sincerely hope I haven't covered all bases there. The more surprised I am, the happier I expect I'll be.
    Felder shows up and sings Victim of Love.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I'm wondering about the possible guests too. Joe did say on Craig Ferguson's radio show there would be guests there and the "friends and family" comment came from that.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Don Felder retweeted today someone's twitter post regarding the Classic Concerts, "torture is the main attraction/ I don't need that kind of action."

It's a lyric from Steely Dan's "Your Gold Teeth" song but I take it as a little jab at the main attraction of these concerts.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    Don Felder retweeted today someone's twitter post regarding the Classic Concerts, "torture is the main attraction/ I don't need that kind of action."

It's a lyric from Steely Dan's "Your Gold Teeth" song but I take it as a little jab at the main attraction of these concerts.
    Well it's a good thing, because he certainly wasn't invited.

Don Felder Definitely will not be at Classic East as he has his own gig that day.

Secondary markets have started selling tickets and the prices are ree-dick-u-lus! (stress on second syllable ).

Stay Tuned!

CarolC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I'm wondering about the possible guests too. Joe did say on Craig Ferguson's radio show there would be guests there and the "friends and family" comment came from that.
    I believe Joe, Don and Tim had a discussion and decided on presenting themselves as "Eagles, Friends And Family". After managing the band for 40 years, I reckon Irving could have shot that down in under 30 seconds flat.

I just hope that they walk out on stage with an act that's worthy of topping that impressive bill and I do think they're a lead vocalist light with just the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50
    I sincerely hope I haven't covered all bases there. The more surprised I am, the happier I expect I'll be.
    Felder shows up and sings Victim of Love.
    You know Delilah I added "I expect" just before pressing 'submit reply' just in case somebody came up with this sort of suggestion

Pleased and relieved that Felder doesn't appear to be on the guest list. I expect that goes for all the acts on the bill.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Sirius Radio channel 26 Classic Vinyl will broadcast special programming starting this Wednesday, April 5 dedicated to these shows.

"Six legendary bands, two historic weekends. Hear music from bands playing The Classic East and The Classic West with special insight into their careers hosted by SiriusXM's Dusty Street" and other DJs. - It is 24-hour a day programming.

http://www.siriusxm.com/classicvinyl

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I really like How Long and it would be cool if they played it with J.D. Souther, if this really is going to be a "friends" event.
    And Randy! He is said to be doing well.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

It's good to hear that Randy is doing well, but when is the last time he performed in public - playing bass or singing?