Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Barren Years Post HFO Years

Default Re: The Barren Years Post HFO Years

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The barren years ended when Felder was sacked. They've been very active ever since. If you ignore the HFO years (1994-1996), Felder didn't produce anything since the early 80s.

I don't think it was egos and greed that led to Felder's exit. I genuinely believe that they all wanted to continue playing as the Eagles where-as Felder's priorities seemed to be non-musical.

I feel that they still want to carry on playing as the Eagles. After continuing after Glenn's death, I've no idea what will cause them to stop. It looks like there will always be money to be made for whoever's on the payroll.
    Didn't Felder make music with the ill-fated Malibu Men's Choir (late 80s) including one track that ended up on the HFO? He and the other band members worked on songs for the later-named LROOE album before he was fired. They all submitted tracks for each other to hear. In fact, in Heaven and Hell Don F says, "I also had another up-tempo track with Latino rhythms, called 'Little Latin Lover,' with gut-string guitar. Glenn loved it." He added that together they had five or six tracks that weren't very good. Months later, Henley called it quits.

Felder also performed at The Millenium shows as well various benefits with the Eagles. I can't say exactly what the band was up to after he left but it's not like they immediately cranked out an album and went on a major tour (other than the summer one in Europe). Perhaps it's a matter of what constitutes "very active."

There's also the theory that Henley's solo success with Inside Job encouraged them to re-activate.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I think you'd have to have to be very skilled in business law to know exactly how the Eagles work.
    I went to corporationwiki.com and was looking.
    Oh my gosh. There were bunches of Eagles related corporations listed.
    One thing I noticed is that on most of them Don Henley was the president, and Glenn the VP, Treasurer, or Secretary.
    I don't know what it means, but Don is listed as president of: Eagles Recording Company II, Eagles Touring II, and Eagles Merchandising II.
    So, I have no clue as to what authority Cindy or Don or any of them have after looking at all that.
    That's very interesting. I am over my head as to the legalities, but I can't imagine why Don would appear to be the head of the Eagles; in name, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    That's very interesting. I am over my head as to the legalities, but I can't imagine why Don would appear to be the head of the Eagles; in name, anyway.
    So I took a look at corporationwiki.com and a lot of these corporations were filed in Texas. It is likely that Don was president because he had a Texas address and they needed someone with a local address to file there. There were probably legal and/or tax reasons why some of these corporations were filed in Texas and not California.

I'm a lawyer, so I know a bit about this, but take this with the caveat that I am not licensed to practice in Texas or California and the laws are different in every state.

It looks like a lot of these corporations were set up around 2000-2001, which suggests to me massive reorganization after Felder was fired, probably to remove his name from everything. Fans forget how much of a business the music business really is.

Thanks for your expertise. That makes sense. California tax laws are really out of control. Texas is a lot friendlier to businesses in that regard, and to wage earners too. In fact, I bet Don Henley is really happy to be a Texan on April 15th every year because Texas has no state income tax!

It is a business indeed. There's a heck of a lot of money involved here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I learned more about Delaware. I'dvenoticed quite a few of our US customers were incorporated in Delaware but hadn't thought much about it. It appears that Delaware doesn't tax royalties so it would be a good place for intellectual property. I put forward the theory that EPC of Delaware holds their publishing (Eagles Publishing Corporation?)

Soda, I didn't know Texas had no income tax, that makes sense that they'd want to incorporate there.

UTW - Eagles Publishing Company...you know, I was trying to figure out what the P stood for...

It seems like they kept lawyers and accountants very busy.

Stuck on the Border

UTW - Delaware has no State Income Tax or Sales Tax. They also do not tax retirement pensions. A lot of people from NJ retire to Delaware for that reason. It is also a very business friendly state. Many banks and other businesses have their headquarters there due to the pro business tax laws.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I learned more about Delaware. I'dvenoticed quite a few of our US customers were incorporated in Delaware but hadn't thought much about it. It appears that Delaware doesn't tax royalties so it would be a good place for intellectual property. I put forward the theory that EPC of Delaware holds their publishing (Eagles Publishing Corporation?)
    Delaware has long been the state of choice to incorporate due to its flexible and pro-management laws. And it's not necessary to establish a principle place of business there to incorporate. Other states are catching up but much of the legal expertise is in Delaware law.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Desperado

Someone help me out with this, but I saw an interview, where I think it was Glenn talking in 94 about a new album that would be out in the fall. Was he speaking of the HFO Live/Studio album, or were they planning an actual new material album that fell through?
    Or was the HFO album originally intended to be all new songs, but they couldn't produce, and retreated to using the 4 new songs they had, plus adding in all the live stuff from the MTV show?

I have never been fully aware of exactly what was going on there.
    If this has been discussed, please forgive me for repeating. I would gladly take direction to the thread it might be in.

Stuck on the Border

BB - He was talking about the HFO cd, which contained four new songs. That was released in Nov./Dec/ 1994. The MTV Concert was shown on tv in Oct. 1994.