Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Barren Years Post HFO Years

Default Re: The Barren Years Post HFO Years

You make a very good point, Mary. I hold Don to a higher standard because he actually was an Eagle. Perhaps that's not fair.

Side note: I think we have to be careful making declarative statements about ownership. We can speculate about how things were distributed after Glenn's death, but we don't know. I'd use words like "probably" when discussing it just so people don't start treating speculation as fact.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Indeed. It's why I'm sure that if we'd lost a member while Glenn was still alive, the Eagles would have stopped. He just wasn't as into pushing the Eagles onward, no matter what. Ever since he walked away in 1980, his attitude towards the Eagles was "take it or leave it." He wasn't thinking his music would die if they weren't performing it constantly. He was "Eh, let's go sailing."That's why I have a hard time believing his last wish was that the Eagles must continue without him. He was already talking of winding the Eagles down after HOTE.
    Just so that I can understand, why would you say the bolded part? Has anyone claimed that Glenn's dying wish was that Eagles must continue without him?

I may have missed some context on this, and I really don't understand that bit.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 08-06-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Border Rebel

You make a very good point, Mary. I hold Don to a higher standard because he actually was an Eagle. Perhaps that's not fair.

Side note: I think we have to be careful making declarative statements about ownership. We can speculate about how things were distributed after Glenn's death, but we don't know. I'd use words like "probably" when discussing it just so people don't start treating speculation as fact.
    Someone had posted a link in another thread to California state records that showed that Cindy inherited Glenn's part of the Eagles' ownership, which was the only reason I stated it as fact. I can't remember which thread it was in, but I will try to find it.

Border Desperado

Ownership doesn't in and of itself mean much as far as control of day to day operations. I have no idea how the day to day stuff is set up.
    Don may have total control of that part, or Don and Irving. I really would doubt that Cindy Frey would want to be in the mix of making band decisions.
    She may have up front gave her blessing for the venture, and may have some continued input, but as far as stuff like dates, how many? when? where?, I'd seriously doubt that she has much interest.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Of course, none of this explains why firing Felder was a solution. Perhaps he complained about a lot of things - that part of his book has a lot of grumbling.
    Interesting point about Henley's chronic lateness. As far as Felder's firing, I think it has less to do with addressing the barren years and more to do with the almighty dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Ownership doesn't in and of itself mean much as far as control of day to day operations. I have no idea how the day to day stuff is set up.
    Don may have total control of that part, or Don and Irving. I really would doubt that Cindy Frey would want to be in the mix of making band decisions.
    She may have up front gave her blessing for the venture, and may have some continued input, but as far as stuff like dates, how many? when? where?, I'd seriously doubt that she has much interest.
    I agree with both you and Soda. Without knowing exactly how the partnership is set up, and what Cindy's partnership status is, we can only speculate about the degree to which she can exercise control over "Eagles LTD" or whatever it is. Her involvement may only extend to receiving Glenn's share of the profits and other financial interests. Of course, it's likely Don and Irving do consult with her on the most important matters out of courtesy and respect.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Just so that I can understand, why would you say the bolded part? Has anyone claimed that Glenn's dying wish was that Eagles must continue without him?
    Yes, someone had claimed that. It was on a completely unreliable user-edited site, but that doesn't stop people from treating it as gospel.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Yes, someone had claimed that. It was on a completely unreliable user-edited site, but that doesn't stop people from treating it as gospel.
    It seems a rather odd thing for someone to claim. I did google it before posting, but didn't find the source.

It's in our mega 3.0 thread. I have a bad memory but I believe it was on setlist.fm.

Stuck on the Border

"in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
    Benjamin Franklin

If Glenn left his shares to Cindy, it would be a transfer to a spouse and free of estate taxes whereas if he left them to anyone else, they would be subject to tax at 40%. Not proof but combined with her position as an officer of the corporations, it increases the probability.

They are corporations, not partnerships. Don Felder may still be a shareholder of Eagles Ltd but the other touring and recording corporations were set up after he left.

None of us know how Glenn would have felt about the band continuing, but the people closest to him seem to have accepted it.

True UTW.

Regarding the "barren years", another element at least in the latter part of the 90s, and one a bit related to our tangent, was sorting out all of the legal aspects of making new financial arrangements. It seems like there were a lot of lawyers being employed at that time.