Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Eminem

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Joe Walsh and Eminem

I didn't see a thread for this.

A little while ago, I was on youtube listening to music. I decided to listen to Life's Been Good. Some troll had posted that Joe had stole the song from Eminem. It turns out that Eminem did indeed do a song on his latest album that heavily samples Life's Been Good. The song is called So Far. I'm not a big rap fan, but the song had me . Yes, I do like the song.
    Joe received a song a writing credit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Far... (I can totally see Joe having a hand in writing the song. )
    Here's a youtube link to the song in case someone wants to hear it (warning: language) https://youtu.be/U4AEfIlmRN0
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Eminem

When an artist samples music from another, the original songwriter(s) get writing credit, whether they collaborated in the new version or not.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Joe Walsh stealing Eminem's song. Bahahaha.

That's as good as the goons on Twitter saying that Kanye West shedded light on new artists like Paul McCartney...lol

Joe and Paul have more talent in their pinky fingernail than Em and Kanye have in their entire being. I still don't know why someone like Paul McCartney stooped to Kanye's level or ever thought he was in any way, shape, or form talented. If Kanye makes good on his move out of the country, I hope he takes all of the Kardashians with him. Kanye's ego is over inflated and shows disrespect to other artists time and time again. And the Kardashians just make me shake my damn head.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    When an artist samples music from another, the original songwriter(s) get writing credit, whether they collaborated in the new version or not.
    my bad. I thought that that was only for covers of a song, no5 sampling, too. You learn something new everyday.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Joe Walsh stealing Eminem's song. Bahahaha.

That's as good as the goons on Twitter saying that Kanye West shedded light on new artists like Paul McCartney...lol

Joe and Paul have more talent in their pinky fingernail than Em and Kanye have in their entire being. I still don't know why someone like Paul McCartney stooped to Kanye's level or ever thought he was in any way, shape, or form talented. If Kanye makes good on his move out of the country, I hope he takes all of the Kardashians with him. Kanye's ego is over inflated and shows disrespect to other artists time and time again. And the Kardashians just make me shake my damn head.
    The sad part is, I had old classmates who actually thought that Kayne had actually done that. I had a hard time not going on a rant about that. I had enough of Kayne hearing on the radio on the bus to and from school every day during the school year. 2 hours of being forced to listen to popular mainstream rap? , not for me.

The funny part is that the video for Life's Been Good that I watched was uploaded in 2008. The Eminem video? 2014.
    Perhaps Paul thought that it might appeal to his younger fans?
    -Kim-

I also saw it as Paul trying to stay relavant in 2015 and to a younger audience. Truth is, most music in 2015 sucks and he should stick to his great solo work and work in the Beatles. That's where the good music is at. He shouldn't worry about trying to fit into mainstream music. In a couple decades, people will remember Paul McCartney, but I guarantee they'll be going "Kanye who?!". Good music is timeless. Bad music will fade into the abyss.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I disagree a bit. I think that people will remember Kayne because of the antics he's pulled. It's been 4 years since I heard Kanye's music, and the only song that I remember is Heartless. The reason that I remember it is because my 7th grade English teacher taught several days worth of lessons with that song.

As for Eminem, I think that he is loads more talented than Kayne. Is he as talented as Joe or Paul? Imo, no he's not.
    I wholeheartedly agree that good music will stand the test of time. Good music never ages or ceases to be good. How many people remember the "group" Milli Vanilli? Not many for sure.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I also saw it as Paul trying to stay relavant in 2015 and to a younger audience. Truth is, most music in 2015 sucks and he should stick to his great solo work and work in the Beatles. That's where the good music is at. He shouldn't worry about trying to fit into mainstream music. In a couple decades, people will remember Paul McCartney, but I guarantee they'll be going "Kanye who?!". Good music is timeless. Bad music will fade into the abyss.
    I completely agree with you here. I don't really know why Paul feels the need to do anything at all as far as new music. People will flock to see him as long as he puts himself out there because of his prior work.

Kanye, I can't stand. All he can do is stupid publicity stunts. Anything to keep his name out there. I don't listen to mainstream music so I don't know anything about it, but his actions turn me off to start with. Jmo!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I despise Kanye's stunts, but I remember them because they were a big deal at school.
    I don't think we'll ever know Paul's reasons for collaborating with Kayne. Maybe he wanted to do something different, something new? I don't know, and tbh, I don't really care much. I'm not a big Beatles fan (*ducks*), so I don't keep up with Paul all that much. *he is my favorite out of the 4, though )
    -Kim-

I reckon that the generation gap plays a big part. I was 13 when Kayne became very popular and for me, he was inescapable. School,online, he was everywhere! Alongside Lil Wayne and later on Justin Beiber, he was the most popular "musician" at my school. Meanwhile, I'm in class with Styx, Van Halen, Def Leppard etc playing in my head.
    -Kim-