Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad News for the Schmit Family

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Sad News for the Schmit Family

Well even though I'm a late here, I wish to extend my heartfelt condolences to Timothy and all of his family on the loss of his beloved mother. She seemed to be very highly thought of by her family and community. She must have been extremely proud of Timothy.

R.I.P. Mrs. Jane.

I also lost my Mom five years ago on December 8th. I do think it always puts a bit of a cloud over the holidays, but, in reality, I would probably get the same melancholy feeling around the anniversary date of her death no matter when it was. I knew Timothy had two brothers, but I didn't know their names or whether they were older or younger until I read the obituary. At least, one positive thing around this is that there were no concert dates scheduled to pull Timothy away from his family during this time. Godspeed to the Schmit family.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I had the same thought, Dreamer. What do you do if you're 2 weeks into a 4-week Australian tour? Fortunately, the Eagles did not have to deal with those logistics during the sad times of losing Mrs. Frey and Mrs. Schmit this year.

The Rolling Stones are in litigation with their insurance company re: postponing their Australian tour when Mick Jagger's girlfriend died. The result being that the list of covered "family" members covered under Mick's policy became public during the case, and it is fascinating to see. Perhaps we can start a thread to discuss postponing/canceling shows (or do we have one?), I'm sorry to clutter this one.

BTW - I also meant to mention what a strong resemblance Timothy bears to his mother.

And MC - A Postponed/Cancelled Concerts thread sounds like a good topic for a thread for the Singing for the Sake of the Song forum. As far as I know, we don't already have one. Do you want to start it or would you like for me to?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Can you please?, and move these posts over there - that's the part I don't know how to do...

Okay - All done.

Just for the record, Glenn lost his mom in September 2013. It doesn't seem like it has been over a year.

If I remember right didn't Glenn's mom die when they were in Calgary in 2013.

If I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) she died the second night of the Calgary shows. I was there and it seems I read the next day that she had died. I thought then that he seemed a little more subdued but the show went on. I wondered how he got thru that.......

So sorry to hear it. My condolences as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was so very sorry to hear the sad news of Mrs. Schmit’s passing. I send my deepest condolences to Timothy and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. Rest in Peace, Mrs. Jane Rae Schmit.