Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Tragedy: 71 People shot

Default Colorado Tragedy: 71 People shot

As I watch a special report on this latest tragedy in Colorado. My heart aches for those affected by this event. So horrible. So far 12 people dead, 71 people shot, several of the injured are in critical condition, so the death toll could be higher. Many of them are young children & teenagers.The shooters apartment is said to be set with some kind of explosives to kill police when they arrive there, so investigation is underway.

When is America going to get serious about gun control? One crazy person can commit mass murder with one gun. This is a scene that could play out anywhere. Life is precious, cherish every moment.
    I have a friend who lives in Aurora. I just spoke to her yesterday. I hope no one she knows was in that theater. My prayers go out to all the families & friends of those involved. So very sad.RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Colorado Tragedy: 71 People shot

Another senseless tragedy. What gets me is if people have a problem with someone, take it up with them. Don't go kill innocent people!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

You can control guns but that won't stop crazy people like this man. My hearts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

So sad. My boys went to a midnight showing of The Dark Night Rises last night. When they were leaving, I said be careful like I say every time they go out. I never thought I had to worry about a crazy gunman shooting them. My thoughts and prayers go out for the victims and their families.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thoughts and prayers to all involved. It is a shame, peolpe only going to the movies. But what I don' understand , is why are there small children and babies at this midnight showing of a pg 13 movie?

I dont understand a lot of things in this world and this is one of them

peace to all

tt

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    You can control guns but that won't stop crazy people like this man. My hearts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
    Well, I believe that it can. This guy legally purchased an AR-15 Assault Semi Automatic that hold 90 bullets, that's right 90. This is what he used. Why is this gun for sale? It is not a hunting gun or for protection. It is a weapon for mass murder....The gun was outlawed for sale, however the law expired in 2004, but politicians did not renew the laws.

The gun store followed all federal requirements including a background check. James Holmes had no criminal record, no terrorist affiliations, therefore was able to walk into a gun shop & buy this along with 2 Glock pistols & a Remington 12 gauge shotgun at 2 other stores, all in Colorado. Five states have banned sale of this gun, only 5. President Obama has done NOTHING to support gun control & it's all money & politics as usual. GUNS kill people, and without these powerful weapons, these crazies don't have that power. America needs to wake up because how many more of these mass shootings is it going to take.??? Columbine was 1999. It's 2012 & nothing has changed.

Oh my gosh, what a senseless tragedy. I'll never understand how people can be so full of hate and cruelty. Prayers for the victims and their families.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Such a horrific tradgedy! Every time I hear of something like this happening (which has become all too frequent), I can't help but wonder what this world is coming to. You're not safe anywhere. I read an article on one of our (Canadian) national news sites that stated that one of the girls killed in Denver had narrowly missed being shot during the recent shootings in the Eaton's Centre shopping mall in Toronto. Soda, FP, Dreamer, PLS, my husband & I walked through this mall when we were in Toronto in 2011 on our way to Glenn's concerts in Niagara Falls. I know thousands of people pass through that mall every day safely, but it makes you think just the same.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Such a horrific tradgedy! Every time I hear of something like this happening (which has become all too frequent), I can't help but wonder what this world is coming to. You're not safe anywhere. I read an article on one of our (Canadian) national news sites that stated that one of the girls killed in Denver had narrowly missed being shot during the recent shootings in the Eaton's Centre shopping mall in Toronto. Soda, FP, Dreamer, PLS, my husband & I walked through this mall when we were in Toronto in 2011 on our way to Glenn's concerts in Niagara Falls. I know thousands of people pass through that mall every day safely, but it makes you think just the same.
    I went to the Eaton Centre by myself while in Toronto & was shocked to hear about that shooting.

Regarding the latest incident I think it would not be right for me to comment on American gun laws. It's just awful, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Wow, THAT is the mall where the Toronto shooting took place?

These are the kind of things that make you realize life is short and precious, and you can never take tomorrow for granted.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten