Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own "Best of Timothy B. Schmit"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Make Your Own "Best of Timothy B. Schmit"

I am compliling the results of these threads for each band member out of curiousity (and because I'm anal). The following Tim solo songs are the top vote-getters from those of you who posted a list. Here's what I came up with ...

1. Every Song Is You
    2. Parachute
    3. The Shadow
    4. Don't Give Up
    5. Was It Just the Moonlight?
    6. Secular Praise
    7. Make You Feel My Love
    8. Friday Night
    9. Down By the River
    10. Boys Night Out
    11. Top of the Stairs
    12. So Much In Love

If my math is correct, Every Song Is You, Parachute, and The Shadow made everyone's list. Anybody surprised by this list?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Okay, don't shoot me, but The Shadow has never done anything for me. In its case I do not like the falsetto.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm surprised, PM. I assumed you liked The Shadow since you voted for it to win Tim's Survivor game. But, we know what can happen when we assume. That is one of those Survivor games that sticks with me though because I really wanted Every Song Is You to win, but The Shadow won in a squeaker. I like the song a lot, but not nearly as much as ESIY.

I’m a little surprised that In Roxy's Eyes didn't make the list, although not totally shocked since that was also a very hotly contested song in the aforementioned Survivor game. For me personally, I'm disappointed about the omissions of Tell Me the Truth and White Boy From Sacramento in lieu of Don't Give Up and So Much In Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'm surprised, PM. I assumed you liked The Shadow since you voted for it to win Tim's Survivor game. But, we know what can happen when we assume. That is one of those Survivor games that sticks with me though because I really wanted Every Song Is You to win, but The Shadow won in a squeaker. I like the song a lot, but not nearly as much as ESIY.
    I voted for The Shadow over ESIY???!!!???

*going back to look now*
    ~ Cathy ~

After going back to the Timothy Solo Song Survivor thread, I see that I did indeed vote for The Shadow to win. What happened was I didn't really have an emotional attachment to either song, so when I saw how close the game was I voted for the song that would put it at a tie. Then no votes came in after mine.

That Survivor game was the first time I had ever heard any of those songs. To be honest, with the exception of In Roxy's Eyes I didn't really care for any of the songs. Thank goodness Timothy put out Expando. I love just about every song on it!
    ~ Cathy ~

Yes, the terrible irony that someone who didn't even like The Shadow was the one put it on the winner's podium. That was a bitter pill to swallow for those who were emotionally invested in ESIY to win, I remember! Ah, I felt such anguish! But then I remembered that it was just a freaking game. lol

That was indeed an intense Survivor! In fact it was one of our most heated. We need to do another one with songs from Expando included. Hmm, how to work out which to include, how many to include...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm so sorry mine was the deciding vote. I voted early in the day and thought for sure that someone else would come along and break the tie. Looking back I probably shouldn't have played that game, but I did make a list and was playing the best I could with what was there. I just got excited about the closeness of the last round and decided to make it more exciting.
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    To be honest, with the exception of In Roxy's Eyes I didn't really care for any of the songs.
    Why don't you just take a knife to me and turn it!!! Really? You didin't like The Shadow or Every Song Is You or Down By The River? And Roxy's Eyes, as you already know, is one of my least favorites. Kinda strange huh?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Well, PM – I have to say that I am quite fond of some of Tim’s solo work. Even with Expando, I still think Every Song Is You may be my very favorite, although I probably need to think about that some more. But after going back and reviewing that thread, now all the details come back to me about why that Survivor game sticks in my memory. I’m with Soda – it was a bitter blow for me to see a song that I really wanted to win end up losing in a tie. Ouch – that still hurts!

I also think it would be fun to do another “best of Tim” Survivor at some point in the future. (And PM, if we do, you'd better play! There's no rule that says you have to like the songs to play Survivor.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I also think it would be fun to do another “best of Tim” Survivor at some point in the future. (And PM, if we do, you'd better play! There's no rule that says you have to like the songs to play Survivor.)
    There may not be a rule but it's probably a good idea!

Again, I'm sorry to those who voted for ESIY and I'm also sorry it took this long for me to realize that I should have apologized sooner.
    ~ Cathy ~