Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Milwaukee!

Default Greetings from Milwaukee!

Hi everyone,

I don't know if you've seen my youtube series on the History of the Eagles, but Parts 1 - 4 are up online now, and I am currently working on Part 5. Check them out here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i500B7l_rb0"]Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqZLoHw_qk"]Part 2 [/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yWfdxpkApA"]Part 3 [/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTcg8X83Go"]Part 4[/ame]

I just thought I would introduce myself here. My name is Joe and I am from Milwaukee, WI. I saw the Eagles perform in September 2008 in Milwaukee, and I am currently hunting for some bootlegs of the Glenn Frey / Joe Walsh "Party of Two" performances that landed in Milwaukee. If anyone knows anything about bootlegs or that tour, any info would be greatly appreciated!

My favorite Eagles song is "Take It Easy", and I'm a huge fan of Glenn Frey's and Joe Walsh's solo work, as well. Not the biggest Don Henley fan in the world, but hey, who doesn't like Dirty Laundry? Am I right?

Anyway, I really like the site you have going and I'm looking forward to being an active member of this online community. Also, thanks already to so much of the positive feedback I've received for my videos! That is only motivation for me too make more. Talk to you all soon!

Default Re: Greetings from Milwaukee!

Welcome Joe! I have enjoyed part 1 of your series - great job! I saw the show in Chicago last September and am planning on going to Indy in March. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Hi Joe,

As you know, I'm a fan of your work. I'm glad you've joined us here and I hope that you are going to post Part 5 soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Welcome to The Border. The videos were very entertaining. I'm looking forward to number 5.

If you ever get the chance you should make it a point to catch a Don Henley solo show. I saw him in June of 2007 and he was fantastic. He is a very animated story teller when he appears solo. He also uses many of the Eagles back up musicians including Steuart Smith, Michael Thompson, Scott Crago, and Will Hollis. You should make it a point to read my review posted in the concert reviews section of The Border. It could change your feelings about Henley. Welcome and keep the videos coming.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Hey Joe!, first of all, Great name, Joe *G* BIG Joe fan here *G* Second, I really enjoyed your series thus far, very funny and informative and I agreed with quite a bit of it (Rascal Flats has NO PLACE doing Hotel California.. sorry RF fans..) I'm looking forward to Part 5! so... Hurry up! *G* just kidding.. no really.. *G*

Hey Joe! I've only looked at Parts 1--3 so far, but I thought your discussions of Desperado and Life in the Fast Lane were quite humorous...although I completely disagree with you on the innate appeal of Desperado! I have a feeling it may be a gender-related bias, however!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome Joe. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here on The Border. Great job on your videos. You had me laughing out loud at some parts and shaking my head saying "no no" at others. Can't wait to see the other parts.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Welcome Joe!
    I am also new, feels me very well here! I hope you too!
    Here the best place for an eaglefan!
    Take it easy is also one of my favorite songs!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Welcome, Joe.

Your videos are excellent and very well put together. May I suggest though that you give the Strange Weather album another listen? Despite the video Love In The 21st Century is a great song in my opinion.

I have a feeling that YBTTC is not included in Dublin because he thought it was too well known. I applaud him for doing other songs. I especially love his version of Desperado but if you don't like the song much, well, that's a shame.

Welcome from me, too, Joe! I saw all of your series, and enjoyed it a lot. I never knew that Glenn had been criticized by Neil Young for doing those ads. I do have to disagree with Glenn's quote that "Harvest" was Neil's last good album. "Comes A Time" was released a few years later, and is every bit as good, if not better. (I'm a big Neil Young fan too)
    At any rate, I have to agree with FP that you need to listen to Glenn's album, "Strange Weather" again. In my opinion, it's his best!
    And I have to say that, if asked to choose my favorite Eagles song, it would be "Desperado"! I was absolutely thrilled to hear Glenn take it on at the Dublin concert, and I think he did every bit as good a job on it as Don did.
    Looking forward to seeing part 5 of your series!