Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greetings from Milwaukee!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Greetings from Milwaukee!

I just watched part 5 also!! Nice job but I too don't always agree with what you have to say, (specifically about a certain bass player and his solo work!) but I respect your opinion! Thanks for posting them tho. You really put some effort into it, that is obvious! Good job!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Exclamation Re: Greetings from Milwaukee!

And after a long delay, here is the much anticipated, Part VI!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_CVpidD5HU[/ame]

Enjoy!

Part VII will be coming soon. It will cover LROOE, the Eagles Milwaukee concert, a wrap up of the series, and some other odds and ends I want to include.
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Stuck on the Border

Those two parts are very good.

In Part 5, that was the first time that I had actually watched Felder say he was in the band 'at the start'. I am afraid that because that is so blatantly untrue, my respect for him has diminished even further. You say he came across as bitter despite his intentions. With all the 'I wrote Hotel California' stuff I saw pure ego. Maybe I shouldn't say that but before too much opprobrium was poured on the egos of Frey and Henley he should have looked at himself.

A couple of minor quibbles - you said three of the HFO songs were not written by the Eagles. The Girl From Yesterday was co-written by Glenn Frey and Learn To Be Still was co-written by Don Henley. Also, in the segment on Frey's acting, Miami Vice occurred during the 80s, years before those other jobs.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again for Part VI, Joe. I have to agree with you about the falsetto in YBTTC - I'm not that fond of it either. HOWEVER - I have to say even with the falsetto, the song was amazing live. It totally rocked and got some of the biggest applauses of just about any song at the Richmond and Hampton F1 shows I attended. For that reason, I would love to see Glenn bring it back in the Eagles set list.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

And Part 7 is finally complete!

Check it out here!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z006_xmKXc[/ame]

An extended cut of this episode will be available very shortly.
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

from one "fairly" new-comer to another..welcome Joe! I haven't had a chance to watch your videos, but I will tonight...It's a dreary, rainy Monday here in Indiana, so this will give me something to look forward to!

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I agreed with quite a bit of it (Rascal Flats has NO PLACE doing Hotel California.. sorry RF fans..)
    Oy! I'm a Rascal Flatts fan, but I wholeheartedly concur! What a completely mortifying performance. And what genius let Underwood near "Desperado"? I refer to it as "the infamous Underwood massacre of '07."

Rambo, I haven't watched your videos yet, but fully intend to do so. Just wanted to say hello, as I grew up in Milwaukee & attended Marquette - lived in the area until I was 22. I have recurring nightmares about the Lake Effect. Did you see them at the Bradley Center in September? Great show!!
    Last edited by AmarilloByMorning; 08-13-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

HAHAHHAA I just reached the portion of part 2 where you, uh, impartially discussed the infamous Rascal Flatts/Underwood massacre of '07. Fantastic.