Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make Your Own "Best of Timothy B. Schmit"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Make Your Own "Best of Timothy B. Schmit"

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    There may not be a rule but it's probably a good idea!

Again, I'm sorry to those who voted for ESIY and I'm also sorry it took this long for me to realize that I should have apologized sooner.
    OMG, PM - you don't need to apologize. As Soda said, it is just a game, and those of us that were crushed at the loss of our song have "survived" (pun intended). While it's true that my personal preference is that I don't like for a round to end in a tie - stuff happens. One vote never really makes or breaks a song, anyway. I try to be philosophical about it -if ESIY had gotten less previous votes than The Shadow, it would have won - them's the rules. Plain and simple!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've got all of Timothy's solo stuff. I like it a lot. I wasn't posting actively when y'all played the last "Best of Tim" survivor but if there's another one I'll definitely play

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I am compliling the results of these threads for each band member out of curiousity (and because I'm anal). The following Tim solo songs are the top vote-getters from those of you who posted a list. Here's what I came up with ...

If my math is correct, Every Song Is You, Parachute, and The Shadow made everyone's list. Anybody surprised by this list?
    Not in the least surprised about The Shadow and Parachute making everyone's list as they are my two very very most favourites, and both with very emotional ties. The Shadow because it was the first song I heard Tim sing live, and Parachute because of
    'See that shiny plane up in the steel gray sky
    Moving faster than the speed of sound'
    and I always think of Concorde, which I would have loved to have flown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    There may not be a rule but it's probably a good idea!

Again, I'm sorry to those who voted for ESIY and I'm also sorry it took this long for me to realize that I should have apologized sooner.
    Aw, please, don't trouble yourself over it. It's all in the game! You're sweet to be so contrite, but it's not necessary!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

If I had to do a Best Of, I do not think I would include Parachute or The Shadow. Of course, there always has to be an odd man out.

Every Song Is You
    Secular Praise
    Have a Good Day
    Friday Night
    Downtime
    Roxy's Eye's
    Restrain (Yeah, it's Poco, but it's Timothy!)

As far as PM's vote on TBS Survivor. The first time I hear songs I can like one and dislike another right off the bat... however, as time goes on, I may change my mind... or gain greater appreciation of them. I remember my reaction like it was yesterday to WBFS. (Not in concert, but when I heard it in the car.) I was laughing and yelling, "I LOVE THIS SONG!" Yes, I still like it... but not like I did hearing it that first time in my car, driving down the expressway w/it blasting out the speakers.

I'm sure my list would be longer... but it would take some more thinking. The above just came to mind quickly.