Thread: Kansas had an Eagles moment

Default Kansas had an Eagles moment

Hello,

The other night I was watching VH1 and they showed a documentary on Kansas. One of the guitarists who was the song writer told a story how he had fingering warm up when he practiced. His wife told him that he should use that in a song. At first he didn't listen to her but then he brought it to the band and they were saying "Why didn't you bring this to us sooner." The song became "Dust in The Wind." They even mentioned in the documentary how Joe Walsh had a similar incident with the Eagles. Pretty cool coincidence.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Kansas had an Eagles moment

That is pretty cool, Eliza!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I saw that doc too. It was very good but strangely incomplete. Why stop at around 1977-78 and not talk about the next 30+ years? The band broke up and reformed several times, and the main songwriter became a born-again Christian. None of those topics were touched on, which was odd.

Wow! You sound like you could have written the doc better than the producers. I really didn't know anything about Kansas but I've always loved their music. I saw them perform at a local club by me in the 90's. I sensed they did a much more glossed version of their doc then The Eagles.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm just old that's all! I was in high school in the early 1980s, when some of the rock press was very nasty to Kerry (the main songwriter) because he went "born again." It also caused tension with the lead singer, Steve. I was surprised the documentary didn't even touch on it, if only to say "we've resolved our differences now."