Page 201 of 301 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I hadn't thought about closing the thread and starting a new one, but it is getting a bit long!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I hadn't thought about closing the thread and starting a new one, but it is getting a bit long!
    oh I thought I remembered you saying you did that around the 200th page
    haha
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I do that for games and photo threads for sure. I just don't think I've done it for a press thread before. I'll have to check. I have such a bad memory!

ahh alright!

haha I have a bad memory too

it's funny though because we can remember lots of things about the Eagles and other bands we like, right?
    I'm always amazed at my capacity to remember the lyrics to a song I haven't heard in years as soon as it starts playing.
    and lots of other trivial things

Seriously. My memory for just about everything else in the freaking world sucks - even important life events are fuzzy - but put on my favorite tunes and I can sing along to every word.

And I think that even though this is a big fat thread, I won't split it up. This way, it's more searchable - if you're trying to find an old article, you only have to search in one thread.

Stuck on the Border

I wasn't looking for mentions of the Eagles. I'd been listening to Wishbone Ash and decided to look for an interview with Martin Turner and picked the first one that came up on google and down near the bottom was this:
    Martin Turner I actually mainly used a Fender Precision on There’s The Rub. Bill Szymczyk who was producing it who I would probably rate as my all time favourite producer, he’s recorded some of the greatest rock pop songs. Life’s Been Good To Me (Joe Walsh), the stuff he did with the Eagles, I rate him I really do and it was fantastic to work with him. He actually wanted to work with an English guitar band, The Who were on his list, we were and we hooked up, we said yeah we’d love to. It was the first album we were going to be recording in the USA so we went off to do it. He was a little bit upset that Ted had left and Laurie had replaced him but we were like don’t worry about it Bill it’s the same Wishbone Ash, ish rather. So because it was the first album in America and because the reason he wanted to work with us, it’s like industrial espionage really, he needed to find out how we went about getting these guitar things and it was very simple basically we spent a huge amount of time on recording the guitar lines, the trademark, the harmony guitars and the solos. We had a fantastic collection of amplifiers and guitars at that point and we put a lot of time in to it. He actually said if I can get the guitars from your band and the voices from the Eagles I could make the greatest hit record, and that’s exactly what he did. We literally finished that album There’s The Rub and he, The Eagles were already in town, they used to come out and eat with us and they started recording Hotel California in the same room the day after we finished. I can hear the tricks that he learnt from us about guitars, the solos in Hotel California for instance. I can hear the sound of the room it’s uncanny.
    GibsonBass It must be quite surreal to listen to that album and you can probably relate to Hotel California quite specifically because of the recording.
    Martin Turner Very much so. They come down, rent the same villa that we’d stayed in. I thought they did an absolutely fantastic job on that album, I don’t relate to it as him ripping off our ideas at all quite the opposite it was stimulating. I learnt a lot of stuff from Bill Szymczyk and recording in America, tricks that I still use to this day and I think equally we showed them some of the experimentation, non orthodox ways of going about getting guitars it was a good trade really and to this day Hotel California is one of my favourite albums, I chuck it on now and again.
    There rest of the interview has interesting detail on how they wrote the songs, song-writing credits etc.

Sorry, I forgot the link: http://www.flyguitars.com/interviews/martinturner3.php
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 07-23-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thanks UTW! Great read!

nice find! I love it when Eagles are where I least expect them!

Interesting - thanks, UTW!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good find, UTW - and Martin and I have something in common because to this day Hotel California is one of my favorite albums, too!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016