Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Eagles album... by artwork

Default Re: Your favourite Eagles album... by artwork

One Of These Nights for me too. I love the photo of the band especially.
    ~Sara

HOtel Caliornia

On the Border

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This is a good topic. I honestly haven't ever given this much thought before now. I really kinda like all of the cover art for all of the band's albums, so there is a very fine line between my favorite and least favorites.

As far as the studio albums, I guess I have to go with Hotel California as my favorite mainly because of it's iconic status and it does complement the concept of the album very well. My least favorite is probably The Long Run mainly because of it's dark simplicity. However, I do like thelastresort's suggestion about the cover art being a good reflection of the band's mood and attitude during that time period.

As for the compilation album's I think my favorite is probably The Very Best of the Eagles. I love the booklet that accompanied it. The Selected Works cover art is simple, but very tasteful, and I also love the booklet that accompanied it as well. Eagles Live cover art is pretty cool too, though.

I like all of the cover art for the DVD's but I guess The History of the Eagles is a slight favorite over Farewell I.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

I also love the The Very Best of the Eagles picture - I think much like the eponymous album cover it summarises their music pretty accurately in one photo!

Oh, I mentioned upthread I wanted an On the Border T-shirt. I now own one

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's funny you should start this topic! I was just thinking how I didn't like any of the posters that came with the albums enough to frame and hang them, and what a pity that was.

I guess One of These Nights has the coolest use of color and imagery. I'll go with that one.
    There were posters that came with the original Eagles albums?! Oh my. Gotta have that, but I imagine they are hard to find if not impossible. What was the poster for the first album, anybody know? I'm hoping it features Randy in his shearling jacket, he was so fine

My favorite cover is OOTN as well. I understand the original cover was textured (cow skull design was raised).

Only four albums came with hangable posters: On the Border, One of These Nights, Hotel California, and Eagles Live. You can check them out via these "Cover Art" links, which also include inserts and album posters:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...r/coverart.htm

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...n/coverart.htm

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...a/coverart.htm

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/eagl...e/coverart.htm

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thank you, Dr. Soda!

Has anyone here purchased the Complete Vinyl LP Box Set? It looks like it includes a poster of the fireside picture from the inside of the first album.

I asked the online shop assistant if the vinyl box set comes with the original posters but they didn't seem to understand.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you, Dr. Soda!

Has anyone here purchased the Complete Vinyl LP Box Set? It looks like it includes a poster of the fireside picture from the inside of the first album.

I asked the online shop assistant if the vinyl box set comes with the original posters but they didn't seem to understand.
    I did and I will gladly check them when I get home. I cannot remember if it did have the posters or not. Right now I am at the dealership with a finicky car that has decided to overheat for no reason - Grrrrr!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I got home and when I could not find the albums I realized they are at my sister's boyfriend. He has an awesome stereo system. I am trying to get in touch with them.

Thank you, Houston Baby!