Page 96 of 166 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    It is super disappointing. I don't fault Deacon - frankly Henley had several options to continue performing Eagles music including adding Deacon to the exisiting lineup and calling themselves another name. Vince Gill as an Eagle is like a Twilight Zone script.
    We don't know that Vince Gill is officially an Eagle, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I don't know if Will sings, but I think he plays the drums because I remember Don saying in an interview that he hired someone to teach Will to play the drums. Unless I'm mixing something up, but I'm pretty sure I remember that.
    Oh! Thanks for the information. I had forgotten that!

Well, I still have a hard time visualizing Glenn approaching Will to join the Eagles as the new drummer and then enlisting some other "recognizable name" to take over Don's vocals if Don were the one who'd died. As Austin pointed out, Glenn was already talking about letting the Eagles end. That is not the talk of a man desperate to keep the Eagles money machine going no matter what. Quite the opposite.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I agree, Austin. It would take something going catastrophically wrong for them to not follow up.

It sounds to me from Vince's quote in that interview that he is absolutely salivating at the thought of touring with the Eagles. "I always thought I'd have made a good Eagle," he says, all smiles.That sounds like he's ready to make this arrangement long term.

It doesn't sound like he is being billed as a special guest, does it? I really think they are seriously going to make Vince Gill an official member of the Eagles.

Jiminy Cricket.
    Oh God...Please don't say that.........

We don't know that Vince Gill is officially an Eagle, do we?
    He's in the new Eagles lineup publicity photo which seems to suggest to me like Deacon he's an Eagle at least for the Classic summer tour ... should the experiment go well I think we can expect to see both of them continue touring with the Eagles as The Classic adds more cities/venues around the country. Clearly he's not a sideman, hired hand nor a special guest artist.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    He's in the new Eagles lineup publicity photo which seems to suggest to me like Deacon he's an Eagle at least for the Classic summer tour ... should the experiment go well I think we can expect to see both of them continue touring with the Eagles as The Classic adds more cities/venues around the country. Clearly he's not a sideman, hired hand nor a special guest artist.
    He can tour with them without being an Eagle. I'm not saying he's definitely not going to be one, I'm just saying we can't assume that he is one because it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm against calling this new "lineup" (the) Eagles. I just feel it's disrespectful to Glenn and his memory. However, if I had the extra $$$$$, I would go to the East concert to se all of the bands. People obviously are willing to folk over money to see this new Eagles lineup. I'm glad that Don, Joe, and Tim are playing together, though. I'm sure that Deacon will do right by his father. I've not heard much of Vince Gill, so I can't properly comment on him.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

EIK - Sorry I did not respond to you post earlier - "And then we decry the fact that the members of the band are "moving on." I envy you for never having experienced loss, but that's pretty much what life is -- trying to push ahead in the wake of disappointment, hurt or tragedy. You're either moving forward or you're not. The Eagles have made the admirable -- yet obvious -- decision to move on. Because that's what people do

I could be wrong but I presume this was addressed to me. For your information, I have experienced loss. My Dad died when I was in my early 30's and my Mom has been dead over 20 years. In addition, I have lost five first cousins. So, I am well familiar with loss and moving on. I do not need a lecture from you or anyone else regarding the loss of a loved one or friend. I, along with many others on this board are quite familiar with it.

You have a right to say you are happy with them "moving on" just as much as myself and others here have a right to say they are not happy with it. You can say/believe all you want that Don is not replacing Glenn. However, there are those of us here who believe he is and in fact has already done so. I think it is wrong to call themselves "Eagles" when one half of the founder members - the guy who planned it all, is deceased. I would venture a guess that if it was reversed Glenn would not be doing this. I feel it is just plain disrespectful and a sad money grab as well as tarnishing the legacy of the band Glenn worked so hard for over half his life. It makes me sad that Don dose not feel the same way.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    EIK - Sorry I did not respond to you post earlier - "And then we decry the fact that the members of the band are "moving on." I envy you for never having experienced loss, but that's pretty much what life is -- trying to push ahead in the wake of disappointment, hurt or tragedy. You're either moving forward or you're not. The Eagles have made the admirable -- yet obvious -- decision to move on. Because that's what people do

I could be wrong but I presume this was addressed to me. For your information, I have experienced loss. My Dad died when I was in my early 30's and my Mom has been dead over 20 years. In addition, I have lost five first cousins. So, I am well familiar with loss and moving on. I do not need a lecture from you or anyone else regarding the loss of a loved one or friend. I, along with many others on this board are quite familiar with it.

You have a right to say you are happy with them "moving on" just as much as myself and others here have a right to say they are not happy with it. You can say/believe all you want that Don is not replacing Glenn. However, there are those of us here who believe he is and in fact has already done so. I think it is wrong to call themselves "Eagles" when one half of the founder members - the guy who planned it all, is deceased. I would venture a guess that if it was reversed Glenn would not be doing this. I feel it is just plain disrespectful and a sad money grab as well as tarnishing the legacy of the band Glenn worked so hard for over half his life. It makes me sad that Don dose not feel the same way.
    For those who say this is a money grab, it seems you are ignoring the fact that it is a money grab for the Frey family as well as the remaining Eagles. I'm not berating Glenn's family for doing this. In fact, as I said, I'm fine with it. But let's face it, Cindy Frey profits from this, too, possibly as much as Don does. Is it okay that she's doing it but wrong that Don and the others are doing it?

He can tour with them without being an Eagle. I'm not saying he's definitely not going to be one, I'm just saying we can't assume that he is one because it hasn't been confirmed yet.
    Personally I don't think there is any question that Vince Gill has offically joined the Eagles for the Classic summer tour and frankly I won't be surprised if he ends up recording a new album with them. Remember, first and foremost the real fun and money is in touring but touring to promote a new album is even better.

Question - So is Vince officially a member of the Eagles or does he come under the "Family and Friends" or, have they forgot about that title/concept altogether ? Does anyone know if Bernie will be playing with them ? Is this the "new Eagles" ? If so, they are pretty much saying Glenn is replaceable, we did our year of mourning and time to move on. Not happy if this is true. However, this is not Vince's fault.
    EIK - Sorry I did not respond to you post earlier - "And then we decry the fact that the members of the band are "moving on." I envy you for never having experienced loss, but that's pretty much what life is -- trying to push ahead in the wake of disappointment, hurt or tragedy. You're either moving forward or you're not. The Eagles have made the admirable -- yet obvious -- decision to move on. Because that's what people do.

I'm sorry, but this is the kind of post that just boggles my mind. Both Henley and Schmit have said Glenn isn't replaceable (Walsh too I think). Being on the stage with Glenn for decades and knowing him since the 70s gives them a pretty good perspective on how they perceive their own feelings. They are the ones who are going to walk out on that stage and experience something they never have before--performing as the Eagles without Glenn. There are fans from the outside looking in who may see it differently. But obviously the band members themselves don't feel that way. I don't agree "they are pretty much saying Glenn is replaceable."

I also take issue with judging them for how long they should mourn and saying when it's ok for them to move on. And I haven't seen anyone else come out and say they shouldn't move on, only that they are not happy with them performing as Eagles.

One of the reasons I have not been posting here is b/c it's hard to deal with the sanctimonious "thou shalt not" pronouncements I see from some posters. Henley changed his mind about his own band? How dare he--that is equivalent to breaking some sacred vow. Ticket sales are not 100% great? It must be b/c this venture is wrong and doomed to fail...but by all means we wish Deacon well even if his first major outing as a musician turns out to be a flop. The Eagles haven't revealed the "secret" guest yet? Fans should be protesting in the street in outrage, even those who say they're not interested in seeing the new Eagles. Thank goodness that is no longer an issue.

There, I got it off my chest. It's hard to see a band I have grown to love be vilified time and time again.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...