Page 145 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    NKIT that's exactly what I feel. They are both beautiful. That comment is take out of context. I said that what Glenn added to the current lineup was "least among" what he added. Because you can replace a great voice. And that isn't an insult. I mean that everything he adds to the band is amazing. But THE LEAST IMPORTANT is the singing. Going way back, what i was originally saying was the trait of Glenn they would miss the least was his singing. We all agree that gill and deacon sing pretty well. The drop off is but in singing talent is big BUT NOT AS BIG AS THE DROPOFF in personality and leadership. I can't think of any time I contradicted myself
    For the last time, Frey's singing was not the 'least important' part of his talents. And his 'great voice' CANNOT be adequately replaced.

I'm sorry, but if you thought nobody was going to take issue with these statements you were wrong. Now I suggest you leave it. You will only create more hostility & add to the perception which people have formed, which you claim is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    For the last time, Frey's singing was not the 'least important' part of his talents. And his 'great voice' CANNOT be adequately replaced.

I'm sorry, but if you thought nobody was going to take issue with these statements you were wrong. Now I suggest you leave it. You will only create more hostility & add to the perception which people have formed, which you claim is incorrect.
    i don't feel like a victim you guys are all just stating your opinions. I came here to talk about the Eagles and thats exactly what is happening. His voice hasn't been replaced to an equal level but it's a level where most assume that it's not bad. Also for the last time, Glenn's voice was the least important part of his talents in regard to legend of the Eagles. Lets say he stayed on as a guy like Felder who just played guitar. And they put someone like Jackson browne to sing. The Eagles would still had made it big. Because had the connections, wrote good songs, had a lot of the ambition. Anyway im sick of talking about this. I am sorry to anyone who did not like what i said. I only got frustrated about the content of the backlash not backlash itself. My final thing i will say to you is that it kills me i'll never see Glenn Frey in concert. In watching clips of the concerts before he passed he was so great on stage and made it looks so joyous. His voice would have been so much better than Gill's and i simply adore his version of TITTL. Despite the back and forth commenting, we all miss Glenn. Despite my failure to convey my feelings on Frey, I consider him the most important Eagle. When i say singing is the least important part, i still think his singing is just as important as anyone else's in the band. That truly was a compliment. Anyway i just hope this argument doesn't prevent me from having constructive Eagles discussion in the future

Stuck on the Border

i don't feel like a victim you guys are all just stating your opinions. I came here to talk about the Eagles and thats exactly what is happening. His voice hasn't been replaced to an equal level but it's a level where most assume that it's not bad. Also for the last time, Glenn's voice was the least important part of his talents in regard to legend of the Eagles. Lets say he stayed on as a guy like Felder who just played guitar. And they put someone like Jackson browne to sing. The Eagles would still had made it big. Because had the connections, wrote good songs, had a lot of the ambition. Anyway im sick of talking about this. I am sorry to anyone who did not like what i said. I only got frustrated about the content of the backlash not backlash itself. My final thing i will say to you is that it kills me i'll never see Glenn Frey in concert. In watching clips of the concerts before he passed he was so great on stage and made it looks so joyous. His voice would have been so much better than Gill's and i simply adore his version of TITTL. Despite the back and forth commenting, we all miss Glenn. Despite my failure to convey my feelings on Frey, I consider him the most important Eagle. When i say singing is the least important part, i still think his singing is just as important as anyone else's in the band. That truly was a compliment. Anyway i just hope this argument doesn't prevent me from having constructive Eagles discussion in the future
    'A level where most assume it's not bad'? Who is 'most'? You?

'Stayed on'? He FOUNDED the band. It was HIS BAND.

As you decided the Rolling Stone list of great singers was so relevant, perhaps it is relevant that Frey won Grammy awards for his lead vocals on Lyin' Eyes & Heartache Tonight. But never mind.

Your attempt to climb down from your accumulated posts with the backhanded 'he had the least important voice but gee whiz, it was still important'! is not a compliment. It does you no credit at all. You prefer the voices of the other members;OK. Can you please now leave it at that. Before you tell me I should leave it too, I will, but Frey's talent has to be defended & remembered by somebody who did think his voice was 'important'.

As you decided the Rolling Stone list of great singers was so relevant, perhaps it is relevant that Frey won Grammy awards for his lead vocals on Lyin' Eyes & Heartache Tonight. But never mind.

Your attempt to climb down from your accumulated posts with the backhanded 'he had the least important voice but gee whiz, it was still important'! is not a compliment. It does you no credit at all. You prefer the voices of the other members;OK. Can you please now leave it at that. Before you tell me I should leave it too, I will, but Frey's talent has to be defended & remembered by somebody who did think his voice was 'important'.
    1. I have stated more than once the rolling stone list is flawed. It was merely proof that some people do think Henley is better then Frey

2. I have said Glenn's vocal is just as important as Henley and those two were what made the Eagles great
    3. I never said he had the least important vocal. I merely said that it was least important trait during the more recent stretch in the band
    4. Why do you think I prefer the other voices? Did I ever say they were better all I said was that were more unique and "interesting" for a lack of a better term.
    5. I would never tell you to leave. That is not my place
    6. Glenn's voice was like I said tied for the most important in the band with don

7. I'm well aware of the awards they won. They also won a Grammy for new kid in town which is largely Glenn's work. And is sadly his only lead vocal on the album. It's a song I'm learning with my guitar teacher now.

8. I literally said the least important part of his addition to the Eagles was his voice which I then went on to say was just as good as anyone else's. So that means the worst part of him is as good as anyone else's contribution butnyiu think it's an insult.

before you leave (assuming you do) I want you to read each point address each one because the disconnect between what i say and what you think is quite big. I assume fault for that.

I urge you to read this part of my post again "My final thing i will say to you is that it kills me i'll never see Glenn Frey in concert. In watching clips of the concerts before he passed he was so great on stage and made it looks so joyous. His voice would have been so much better than Gill's and i simply adore his version of TITTL. Despite the back and forth commenting, we all miss Glenn. Despite my failure to convey my feelings on Frey, I consider him the most important Eagle. When i say singing is the least important part, i still think his singing is just as important as anyone else's in the band. That truly was a compliment. "

Also everyone I noticed at the classic east thought they were excellent, and many reviews said things like "the eagles soar again". It would be silly to say that deacon and Gill are bad singers.Not as good as Glenn but still not a poor performance

Stuck on the Border

1. I have stated more than once the rolling stone list is flawed. It was merely proof that some people do think Henley is better then Frey

2. I have said Glenn's vocal is just as important as Henley and those two were what made the Eagles great
    3. I never said he had the least important vocal. I merely said that it was least important trait during the more recent stretch in the band
    4. Why do you think I prefer the other voices? Did I ever say they were better all I said was that were more unique and "interesting" for a lack of a better term.
    5. I would never tell you to leave. That is not my place
    6. Glenn's voice was like I said tied for the most important in the band with don

7. I'm well aware of the awards they won. They also won a Grammy for new kid in town which is largely Glenn's work. And is sadly his only lead vocal on the album. It's a song I'm learning with my guitar teacher now.

8. I literally said the least important part of his addition to the Eagles was his voice which I then went on to say was just as good as anyone else's. So that means the worst part of him is as good as anyone else's contribution butnyiu think it's an insult.

before you leave (assuming you do) I want you to read each point address each one because the disconnect between what i say and what you think is quite big. I assume fault for that.
    9. You said the band doesn't miss his voice, only his personality.

I'm a Glenn fan, but I don't have a problem with most things you say here. I get your point(s) - how you see it - although I don't necessarily agree. But some things are just too much. When you say the band doesn't miss his voice without adding an "IMO", you can't expect people to just go "Oh, I see your point, yes".
    Last edited by chaim; 09-16-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    9. You said the band doesn't miss his voice, only his personality.

I'm a Glenn fan, but I don't have a problem with most things you say here. I get your point(s) - how you see it - although I don't necessarily agree. But some things are just too much. When you say the band doesn't miss his voice without adding an "IMO", you can't expect people to just go "Oh, I see your point, yes".
    Any band can replace someone's voice for the sake of a concert. It won't sound perfect but if you have another good singer it won't be terrible? Right? It's not the same don't get me wrong but you can still have a functional concert. The one I thing I noticed most during the concert I went to, was how QUIET it was. There was very little said. Henley talked about Glenn a little, deacon spoke some, Walsh a little but nothing from Gill. Tim only did the "we see you" thing he does but that was it. The concert lacked personality, it didn't have any jokes or lacked you know talk about history and the make up of the songs. Of course when I heard deacon do take it easy i noticed it didn't sound like Glenn but he wasn't bad and I'd say he was pretty good. [B]Not Glenn but pretty good[B]. To me seven Bridges Road sound almost the exact same. But lost all in this was the fact I said only in recent years was this true. From the 70's to LROOE they needed his voice. They still wanted it now but they can function without his voice. But they cannot function without him being there. That is where the biggest change in the concert takes place in my opinion. I also have said that Glenn's voice was just as important as don's. I'm just saying that when it comes to adding something to the concert, his other talents were more required now then before

Stuck on the Border

Any band can replace someone's voice for the sake of a concert. It won't sound perfect but if you have another good singer it won't be terrible? Right? It's not the same don't get me wrong but you can still have a functional concert. The one I thing I noticed most during the concert I went to, was how QUIET it was. There was very little said. Henley talked about Glenn a little, deacon spoke some, Walsh a little but nothing from Gill. Tim only did the "we see you" thing he does but that was it. The concert lacked personality, it didn't have any jokes or lacked you know talk about history and the make up of the songs. Of course when I heard deacon do take it easy i noticed it didn't sound like Glenn but he wasn't bad and I'd say he was pretty good. [B]Not Glenn but pretty good[B]. To me seven Bridges Road sound almost the exact same. But lost all in this was the fact I said only in recent years was this true. From the 70's to LROOE they needed his voice. They still wanted it now but they can function without his voice. But they cannot function without him being there. That is where the biggest change in the concert takes place in my opinion. I also have said that Glenn's voice was just as important as don's. I'm just saying that when it comes to adding something to the concert, his other talents were more required now then before
    You said earlier that Glenn's singing is not missed by the band. What you say now is not the same thing - what you say now makes more sense to me even though I don't agree. Perhaps if you had put it that way to begin with, there would be no "fighting" going on.

For some people - me included - Glenn's voice (more than his jokes between songs) was a huge part of what made Eagles the Eagles for them, for some it wasn't. Fine by me. But there actually are people who enjoyed Glenn's singing even more than his jokes.
    Last edited by chaim; 09-16-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    You said earlier that Glenn's singing is not missed by the band. What you say now is not the same thing - what you say now makes more sense to me even though I don't agree. Perhaps if you had put it that way to begin with, there would be no "fighting" going on.

For some people - me included - Glenn's voice (more than his jokes between songs) was a huge part of what made Eagles the Eagles for them, for some it wasn't. Fine by me. But there actually are people who enjoyed Glenn's singing even more than his jokes.
    This was always my stance but I failed to express that well. Glenn's voice was what made the Eagles sound what it was. But since no more new material hasn't came in ten years, his voice was not as important to the performance of a concert than his other skills. My point always was had Glenn been a guitar player but still had the same writing and leadership skills the band still makes it. But if he has his voice but lacks leadership and writing skills the band doesn't. So if I'm going to rank the importance of his skills it's leadership and writing over voice ALTHOUGH THE VOICE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS ANYONE ELSES. In terms of jokes, it wasn't only jokes but hearing the history of the band and songs etc. of course you'll enjoy his singing more, what I said was they replaced Glenn's singing with people who are as close as you'll find. But they came no one near replacing the stage presence. Replacing that is harder and it's something they could not do at all. They at least found ok replacements vocally. Hence why I said that it was more important to have Glenn the character not the vocalist (though still important)because you can at least do ok with a replacement vocally (gill deacon are both ok) but not with Glenn's other skills which haven't been replaced at all