Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney

Default Re: Paul McCartney

Here's a review of Paul's show in NYC
    He did a 3 hour set. Not bad for a guy turning 71 next week.
    Check out the set list on P 2 of the article...
    Sitting up front were Jerry Seinfeld, Martin Scorsase, & Jimmy Fallon.....
    I guess the seats were pretty pricey!

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-...rclays-center/

Happy Birthday to the Man, Sir Paul!!

Happy 71st birthday, Sir Paul!

TK, thanks for the article to the review of the 1st Brooklyn show. I was lucky enough to go to both shows and they were both incredible. That article describes the evening quite well. Although I would say that I thought Lovely Rita was a lot of fun and well done.

I absolutely loved all the sing-along songs, like All Together Now and Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. It just made you feel young and silly to sing those again . The Long and Winding Road, Let it Be and Hey Jude still take my breath away after all these years. I know I'm repeating myself, but I can never really believe I'm seeing a Beatle. They were such an important and influential part of my childhood. To see him singing those songs live is just a beautiful thing. He did a lovely tribute to John with Here Today and talked about telling the people you love that you love them while you still can. Tears.

The crowd was a wonderful mix of young and old. The people in front of us were a couple in their late 40's with their teenage sons who knew every word and were having the time of their lives. They went crazy when the fireworks went off during Live and Let Die. I've seen Paul maybe 8-9 times over the years and that NEVER gets old

There were a few song changes the second night, mostly older Beatles tunes, so that was a lot of fun. I LOVE "I Saw Her Standing There", so it was glad to get to hear that. Jimmy Fallon was there on the second night. After Paul played Yesterday, he sang the first verse of "Scrambled Eggs". Then he went on with the show. It was hilarious and I bet Jimmy was beside himself.

If you are able to get a chance to see him on this tour, I would completely recommend it. We did the $100 tickets and were in the 2nd row of the second level on the side of the stage. Not the best seats, but I was just happy to be there. Paul is still such and amazing performer and he still sounds and looks great. His voice cracks from time to time, but it's actually kind of charming. We had a wonderful time, bringing back fun childhood memories and making new ones that are just as special.

First of all, Happy Birthday, Paul! I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.

NYCF, you hit the nail on the head for me about how I felt seeing Paul live. I grew up with The Beatles. It's hard now to believe they were only together for a few years. During that time, as a child, it felt endless.

Thanks for your review!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR PAUL.....You have Made the world a better place in so many ways

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh8zYlEKq6Q[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Happy Birthday Sir Paul!

I'd love to see him live! NYC Fan, thanks so much for telling us about it! Sounds wonderful!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Happy 71st birthday to Sir Paul McCartney!!! I have always loved him and John Lennon for the longest time. They were my favvie Beatles and now Paul is so amazing. I love Back In The USSR and Blackbird. They are my favvies by Paul. I have never been to Paul's concert either, but this link is awesome in showing you a taste of it:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvaosX3VHw[/ame]

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR PAUL!

I cannot believe he is 71! I saw him last November and he was simply AMAZING!!! He had the energy of a bunch of 20 year olds. And like you, NYC Fan, I could not believe I was seeing a Beatle. My first time FINALLY!! It is a night I will never forget - seeing a living legend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    And like you, NYC Fan, I could not believe I was seeing a Beatle.
    That seems to be the reaction we all had!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Happy birthday Sir Paul!

I had the experience of seeing him back in 1992, so I relate to NYCFan's review. The man is a genius & is totally awesome.