The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > On the Road with the Eagles > Tour Talk

Tour Talk Discuss generalized aspects of live Eagles-related shows.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #1451
FreyFollower
Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I was disappointed to get off of work, turn on my tablet, and see this line of talk is still going on. I know you are trying to explain yourself. But when people are obviously still being upset, it has become apparent that your rationale is not achieving your desired effect. I think most of us are here to enjoy conversations with other fans. Even if you are being misunderstood, it's not worth continuing to try and convince people when others are hurt. You're a young Eagles fan, and we are glad to see interest from the next generation. Welcome. Now, let's move on . And please keep in mind that people can be sensitive about artists they have loved for decades and lost. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #1452
YoungEaglesFan
Out on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
I was disappointed to get off of work, turn on my tablet, and see this line of talk is still going on. I know you are trying to explain yourself. But when people are obviously still being upset, it has become apparent that your rationale is not achieving your desired effect. I think most of us are here to enjoy conversations with other fans. Even if you are being misunderstood, it's not worth continuing to try and convince people when others are hurt. You're a young Eagles fan, and we are glad to see interest from the next generation. Welcome. Now, let's move on . And please keep in mind that people can be sensitive about artists they have loved for decades and lost. Thank you.
I know that what happened was obviously not ideal. It's a shame. I take responsibility for it and I've apologized. I know I failed to convey my point to others. It's something I'll try to fix in the future. What I got frustrated with was people either not reading what I said or intentionally changing what I said. And there was a good amount of talking down to me which I found to be not appropiate. But I'm not going to respond to any posts and I don't hold grudges with anyone who responded to me
YoungEaglesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:34 AM   #1453
chaim
Border Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
I know that what happened was obviously not ideal. It's a shame. I take responsibility for it and I've apologized. I know I failed to convey my point to others. It's something I'll try to fix in the future. What I got frustrated with was people either not reading what I said or intentionally changing what I said. And there was a good amount of talking down to me which I found to be not appropiate. But I'm not going to respond to any posts and I don't hold grudges with anyone who responded to me
If you have apologized, I have missed it. It's nice, if you have. I have had to apologize/take stuff back several times in internet forums.
chaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #1454
sodascouts
Administrator

Let me join those encouraging newcomers to peruse the thread before posting controversial statements which will inevitably stir up fans who have strong feelings about a very sensitive issue. The likelihood is that the argument has been made already... made a dozen times already, in fact.

If you really want to gain an understanding of the sides of the discussion, that's the way to do it.

Always in our hearts, always with us, never forgotten, never truly gone.
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #1455
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border

Agreed Soda.
WalshFan88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #1456
WKMB55
Out on the Border

I couldn't agree more, Soda. I also think that persisting in having the last word (or comment) on any of the threads doesn't mean that person's opinion is the only one that is right. (sometimes they're partially or completely wrong...)

Last edited by WKMB55; 09-17-2017 at 09:48 PM.
WKMB55 is offline   Reply With Quote