Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I can tell you about the Party Boys because I saw it. It was Joe & some Australian musicians on one tour. The Australians included the late Dragon singer Marc Hunter(although he was actually a New Zealander), and guitarist Kevin Borich. I can't remember the year - it may have been 1986. So it was one tour. If there was an American equivalent of the Party Boys I don't know the details (Also remember the first time I saw Joe his band was called the Creatures From America).

Thanks, FP. Joe certainly kept busy during the 80s. Wasn’t he in Australia when he told Stevie Nicks over the phone that they were finished? That might have been a different occasion.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks, FP. Joe certainly kept busy during the 80s. Wasn’t he in Australia when he told Stevie Nicks over the phone that they were finished? That might have been a different occasion.
    I think that was during the Party Boys tour which was in 1986. Soda knows the Joe/Stevie timeline better than I do.

They were good shows, especially Creatures From America where I got to hear him sing Will You Love Me Tomorrow, but he was totally out of it.

Stevie claims she was the one who broke up with Joe, but it was indeed during that time period. Here's her story (C&Ped from the Stevie and Joe thread):
    "What happened at the end was I was getting ready to cut two songs with Waddy Wachtel producing and we only had two nights to rehearse and Joe had been off in New Zealand or something and he came down about one or two in the morning or something and he was real good friends with everyone in my band. That would have been fine any other night but I was really angry with what Joe had done because he completely screwed up that session. He just had everyone dying laughing because he just tells a hundred jokes and everyone was just rolling in the floor laughing and I was going “this is not fair” because he is not being sensitive at all to this whole situation and “you know I would give up anything for you, even my dammed career for you if he was serious enough."

I had a limousine and I asked Joe if he wanted to take me home or me to come home with him and he said, “Well, I didn’t tell you this but I’m leaving for Australia like tonight and I have to pack, so I’m just going to get a ride home with Waddy.”

And I said “Ok” and started walking towards the door, and I turned around and said, “Joe I don’t like where this relationship is going 'cause it’s not going anywhere and I don’t want to do it anymore.” And I started walking towards the door and he said, “Well, you know, if you walk out the door, you basically cease to exist.” And I just didn't stop walking."
    BBC Interview with Nicky Horne ~ August 27, 1991

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Very cool video from Fil Henley, a UK guitarist, doing some nice musical analysis on "Rocky Mountain Way" with Joe on the talkbox and slide. He's got some great videos for other guitarists, too, and it's fun to watch him watch the videos, because he's obviously enjoying it so much!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJzsnr_gTv8

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for finding that, pippin. That is some very rare video from a Long Run concert, with Joe Vitale on drums along with the other supporting cast. Mr. Walsh is very hot in this video!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Glad you enjoyed it, Dreamer! I thought it was really good.

Border Rebel

Thanks for the find, Pippin! Some of the comments below the video were really interesting. I didn't know that the talk box was created by country singer Dottie West's husband nor that Joe hung out with old school country singers back in the day. BTW, I don't think I've ever talked to you anywhere but the Frey Fever thread...what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Thanks for the find, Pippin! Some of the comments below the video were really interesting. I didn't know that the talk box was created by country singer Dottie West's husband nor that Joe hung out with old school country singers back in the day. BTW, I don't think I've ever talked to you anywhere but the Frey Fever thread...what's up with that?
    'Cause that's where she hangs out, mostly.

I liked the long comment from the guy who grew up in the same neighborhood. That was interesting.

@MyMy -- I stay in the neighborhood where I'm least likely to get into trouble!