Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    It's just a bummer for me. I'll drag my little blue funk somewhere else now. LOL.
    Pippin, keep hope alive. Maybe you will win tickets, or some nice person will have an extra ticket and invite you along.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I agree that one of the reasons Don, Joe and Tim are touring is for the money. I don't think any of the band has denied this since HFO in 1994. I also agree that it is their job and we all expect to get paid for our work. I have never been able to understand why we are willing to pay such high ticket prices for entertainment and sporting events, but we are.
    Alot of it has to do with the baby boomers who have as Azoff calls it "expendable income".

There is a great article I posted awhile back called Twilight of the Rock Gods that IMHO offers some valuable insight. I highly recommend the article and think it was originally published in the Wall Street Journal but not positive.

Edited to add:

It is available here

http://us.vocuspr.com/ViewAttachment...ZOryYvI6uCQ%3D

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Of course they expect to get paid. That goes without saying. On the other hand, they didn't have to do this. Nobody is forcing them.

Regarding the cameras & security issues, I could write a few paragraphs about the incredibly heavy handed way the Australian audiences were treated in 2015, and compare that with the way we were treated at Paul McCartney's shows last week. But I know that nobody wants to hear that, so I won't bore you with it.

@Dawn -- I am so far beyond envious that you got to see the guys in the 70s, when I was still just a kid! And that is an awesome shot of Randy! I'm the same kind of fan you are, in general. I do yell at concerts, and would have if I'd been in the back, but up front, I'd have been a starstruck idiot, standing there, doe-eyed, maybe venturing to wave once in a while. LOLOLOL. Sigh.

@NMB-- Thanks! Maybe someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @Dawn -- I am so far beyond envious that you got to see the guys in the 70s, when I was still just a kid! And that is an awesome shot of Randy! I'm the same kind of fan you are, in general. I do yell at concerts, and would have if I'd been in the back, but up front, I'd have been a starstruck idiot, standing there, doe-eyed, maybe venturing to wave once in a while. LOLOLOL. Sigh.

@NMB-- Thanks! Maybe someday...
    $7.50 in 1976 is $32.27 in 2017 dollars.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Desperado

I totally agree that no one is making them do this. Don, Joe, and Timothy are 70 year old adult men who have experienced a lot in their lives. At their age, they know exactly what the consequences of their decisions and choices will be. My opinion is that along with Glenn (until he passed) that they haven't done anything they didn't want to do since 1994.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I believe the Eagles concert tickets are ridiculously high, but I’m not convinced they’re much different from what they were during the HOTE tour and beforehand. Inflation should be considered. New Kid in Town has said she paid $100 for her ticket to see the HFO tour. In today’s dollars that’s equivalent to $165.00. Tickets for next summer’s concert at AT&T Stadium in Dallas run from:
    $99.50 for nosebleed seats
    $159.50 for seats on the lower level but at the opposite end zone from the stage
    $229.00 for lower to mid-level stadium seating closer to the stage
    $229.59 - $3750 for floor seats (the latter being front row center)

These are standard admission prices, not resales. What does this pay for?

Per Wiki, AT&T Stadium is less than 10 years old and has the world’s 24th largest HD video screen which hangs from the 20-yd line to the 20-yd line. There are more than 3000 Sony LCD displays throughout the stadium, from private boxes to the concession stand. This may not seem a big deal these days, but compared to what expensive seats in the past offered, this is an upgrade in video technology and its access. Not to mention sound systems and acoustics.

In addition to the Eagles performing with Grammy-winning platinum-selling Country star Vince Gill, there is an opening act—Chris Stapleton, a young, hot new artist who is also a Grammy-winning multi-platinum selling one. He released his latest album (Vol. 1 and 2) just this year (and it’s great!).
    As I said, the ticket prices are ridiculously high but this is not new for the Eagles and hasn’t been for decades, and I don’t accept that it’s suddenly a novel reason to hate on the current line-up. I have no doubt throughout the latter-day tours many ticket-buyers thought this may be their last chance to see them. Even New Kid said as much for the HFO tour. I don’t buy that—that they’re taking advantage of hapless easily-manipulated ticket-buyers—as a valid reason to hate on them either. If it is, then they should been earning this scorn for many years now.
    I’m not aware of anyone claiming the band is doing this for strictly non-monetary reasons.
    Delilah - I paid $75.00 for my ticket for HFO. The top ticket price then was $100.00. I had first level mez. seats at the Spectrum in Philly. That was 1995. As I said earlier, the Eagles were among the first to usher in the crazy ticket prices and the press tore them apart for it. The Stones also had that price or higher for their tour then.
    There are some tours where the Eagles are along and do not have a opening act. I forget what those ticket prices are. As numerous people have d=said including myself, people are paying the high prices because they are afraid they may never get to see them if they don't do it now. It was the same for HFO, that was originally supposed to be only a six month tour and wound up being two years due to the success and demand by the fans.

Delilah - This is off topic but thanks for your updates on Bob's djing stint. It was greatly appreciated.
    Pippin - Don't give up hope. I think radio stations are giving away free tickets to the concerts. I know my local stations were for the East Concert.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah - I paid $75.00 for my ticket for HFO. The top ticket price then was $100.00. I had first level mez. seats at the Spectrum in Philly. That was 1995. As I said earlier, the Eagles were among the first to usher in the crazy ticket prices and the press tore them apart for it. The Stones also had that price or higher for their tour then.
    There are some tours where the Eagles are along and do not have a opening act. I forget what those ticket prices are. As numerous people have d=said including myself, people are paying the high prices because they are afraid they may never get to see them if they don't do it now. It was the same for HFO, that was originally supposed to be only a six month tour and wound up being two years due to the success and demand by the fans.

Delilah - This is off topic but thanks for your updates on Bob's djing stint. It was greatly appreciated.
    Pippin - Don't give up hope. I think radio stations are giving away free tickets to the concerts. I know my local stations were for the East Concert.
    Wouldn’t this indicate that they just go off the demand by the fans and then set the prices? If we can agree on that then it basically boils down to a debate if people are ok with using the market to decide prices or if they should be kinder. That’s a more political question so I don’t think agreement is feasible

Stuck on the Border

I looked up my tickets from the HotE tour where I bought 2 tickets for CA$215, so probably CA$100 each. For one of the dates next summer, a resale ticket for the same row (about 3 seats along) is offered at $144 + fees but there's a standard ticket 5 rows further back for CA$69.50 + fees. The venue looks to be close to sold out. My conclusion is for such unfashionable rows, the price inflation can't be too bad.

I wondered if a larger proportion of sales are for people seeing them once as a bucket list item rather than frequent flyers. People may be more willing to pay out for better seats if it's a once in a life time opportunity.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I still don't get why they think the Baby Boomers have money like that to spend. Not all of them do, especially my parents. But again my parents are the younger of the Baby Boomer generation and both still have not retired yet. So I guess it's more like how it is with Gen X and my generation/Millennials. And I for sure don't have the extra money especially still having not graduated college and looking for work again. So it is unfair for those of us who need our money for expenses and have to watch what we spend it on.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."