Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Was Bernie Leadon Not Included in Eagles 3.0

Out on the Border

Default Why Was Bernie Leadon Not Included in Eagles 3.0

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows a reason why Bernie Leadon wasn't included in the band after the Grammys? Supposedly he has said he doesn't ever want to work with Don Henley again. Has an argument been reported?

Default Re: Why Was Bernie Leadon Not Included in Eagles 3.0

My take?

Bernie knew it was wrong for the band to go on without Glenn and politely declined.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

No idea, but my guess is that he never was interested in rejoining the band permanently. Not because he hates any of the guys, but simply because he had moved on. And he doesn't seem like a guy who would do it only for the money. (What I said does not mean that the guys in the band now are doing it only for the money. Bernie quit long ago, so there's the difference.)

Banned

Until I hear from more than a single source that there was friction within the ranks, I'll believe that the History Of The Eagles tour ended with all the guys being glad it's over but on amicable terms.

I saw a last show of an extensive Eagles tour, after the final encore, Joe threw his acoustic guitar up in the air and declined to catch it on the way down.

I'm sure the HOTE tour was a nice little earner for Leadon, which will make his semi-retirement a little more comfortable. I think Don, Joe and Tim, like Glenn, will never retire.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My take?

Bernie knew it was wrong for the band to go on without Glenn and politely declined.
    I would like to think this is the case. It is also very likely that he was not asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Control View Post
    Supposedly he has said he doesn't ever want to work with Don Henley again. Has an argument been reported?
    Where did you hear this? People are always talking about arguments, but until you find a direct quote from a reputable source, it's best to take such rumors with a grain of salt.

My personal speculation for which I have no evidence: he does not wish to be a part of an "Eagles" without Glenn Frey. He has demonstrated in the past that he's perfectly able to walk away from millions of dollars if he feels it's the right thing to do.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Bernie was a great fit for the History of the Eagles Tour. He got to sing "Train Leaves Here This Morning" and be on stage for the first half of the show and the encore. He wasn't on stage for the second half of the show.

I bet that with trying to integrate Deacon and Vince Gill in these shows and all of the uncertainty that entailed, there were too many moving parts to figure out what Bernie's role would be. I would be surprised if they invited him to participate on this tour.

Or, maybe they did but he hates Henley, so he said no, or maybe they did and but he wouldn't because he doesn't approve. Who knows.

I personal doubt he was invited and there wasn’t really room for him in my mind in the current type of tour

Stuck on the Border

Well, it isn't a 'history' tour. He wasn't needed. Plus he was a 'real' Eagle.

Regarding Bernie ... his silence is deafening ... and frankly, says it all.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016