Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: The issue of Phone camera's and other issues in concert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I've seen this happen at a lot of concerts, so I guess our band isn't alone in this. We'd all love to have pictures of them but then someone would go too far and boom, it's in a tabloid or somewhere else. Also I would image if there are flashes that it may interrupt their train of thought or music.
    I don't see how it's going too far to take a photo of a rock band during a concert. It isn't a private shot of them. They are doing their job. Why would a tabloid publish a rock concert photo?

Not necessarily the concert itself but perhaps something that happens on the sideline or something not scripted, who knows. What is the reason then they don't want pictures taken or videos recorded if it isn't that they don't want content of the concert or whats happening there showen elsewhere? Does anyone know the real reason behind no camera's or phone's allowed? I guess I could understand not wanting bootlegged concert video's.. And perhaps I should explain too far meaning someone gets out of hand with the camera such as doing selfie's with the band,etc. interrupting the venue, not just taking a picture of the concert.

Stuck on the Border

Not necessarily the concert itself but perhaps something that happens on the sideline or something not scripted, who knows. What is the reason then they don't want pictures taken or videos recorded if it isn't that they don't want content of the concert or whats happening there showen elsewhere? Does anyone know the real reason behind no camera's or phone's allowed? I guess I could understand not wanting bootlegged concert video's.. And perhaps I should explain too far meaning someone gets out of hand with the camera such as doing selfie's with the band,etc. interrupting the venue, not just taking a picture of the concert.
    Sorry, but how many audience members get anywhere near the sidlelines or see anything unscripted? I assume by selfie you mean turning the camera around to include yourself along with a band member. I don't frankly know why anyone would want to do that and what difference it would make even if it was to occur (I have never seen such a photo). I also don't know what you mean by interrupting the venue. How can taking a photo affect the venue or the staging of the show except possibly regarding the use of flash photography?

The bottom line is they (the Eagles) have never given any reasons why they won't allow photos. They have only adopted this attitude on the current tour. Previously they didn't seem to mind that much as long as it wasn't too excessive. I can only think it has something to do with image rights in the case of photography & certainly copyright in the case of video.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

DJ, yes, the selfie's were ALWAYS annoying, and when they realized they couldn't get themselves and the band in the picture, they'd hand me the camera and ask me to take them. This happened to me twice during the HOTE tour. I did it and quickly because it was the only way to get them to sit down and stay out of my way. It happened to me twice in one concert at Henley's concert in Atlantic City last year. It's the downside of going to a concert by yourself, I guess. People find you more 'approachable'.

As far as why they don't want the photos, my opinion is that it's more than one reason. Other than annoying fans behind the one taking the photo by sticking a camera up in their view, I can't guess as to why they don't want photos taken. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it's obviously something they feel strongly about.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It would be a great question to ask if anyone ever got the chance!

I do seem to remember Don saying sometime back that the constant flashes bother his eyes. But if people would not use them......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Maybe the answer is just because they can say no camera's or phones, I guess since they are putting on the show they can say or do whatever they like for whatever reason they want. I know at one concert they singer did stop the show and say please no more flashes, who knows...If anyone gets the opportunity to ask they should and let us know.

I think one reason may be they don't like how they look or sound in videos, so they want to keep them offline because they're embarrassed by them. The only way to ensure they don't get online is to ensure they're not taken in the first place (or at least, minimize the videos by cracking down on phones and cameras).

That affects still photos because the vast majority of cameras and phones can do both, so they demand you put away the camera / phone regardless of whether or not you planned to video... just in case.

The above is all complete speculation on my part!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think one reason may be they don't like how they look or sound in videos, so they want to keep them offline because they're embarrassed by them. The only way to ensure they don't get online is to ensure they're not taken in the first place (or at least, minimize the videos by cracking down on phones and cameras).

That affects still photos because that vast majority of cameras and phones can do both, so they demand you put away the camera regardless of whether or not you planned to video... just in case.

The above is all complete speculation on my part!
    As I have said on numerous occasions if they don't like how they look or sound in bootleg videos they could do us the honour of releasing more concert DVDs. They are well overdue to give us another one. I thought this tour would be perfect but so far, deafening silence.

If they don't want amateur photography then employ a professional & put professional photos on that joke of a website. It has now got to the stage where on the European tour there was hardly even any press photogrpahy.

Stuck on the Border

Maybe the answer is just because they can say no camera's or phones, I guess since they are putting on the show they can say or do whatever they like for whatever reason they want. I know at one concert they singer did stop the show and say please no more flashes, who knows...If anyone gets the opportunity to ask they should and let us know.
    I did allude to this in an earlier post. During a show the band sets the terms & conditions & they decide what can & can't be done.

As for 'asking' about it... good luck with that. The only band member who would be likely to do a meet & greet would be Joe & I think he would evade the question or mumble something about 'policy'.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Another article that makes it clear that taking video at concerts is unwelcome, and doesn't discuss the copyright issue. Merely the performers and those around a person. If #5 could be enforced, it would definitely stop completely!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...730-story.html

This is an article from 2011 that discussed Apple flirting with the idea of shutting phones off when in concert situations. It's now 2014, and obviously Apple never did this, but it amazes me they even considered it.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...t_filming.html

This is a debate site and it's interesting that the people who are the type to use technology to debate are still the ones who think phones should be banned at concerts. Not just photos and videos, but the phones themselves.

http://www.debate.org/opinions/shoul...uring-concerts
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 07-12-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.