Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

He said they feel one way but say something different. If that's not lying, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    It took his own son and a 21-time Grammy winner to "replace" Glenn, even though I still see it as a tribute, not a replacement. Glenn is a giant. The band only exists because of him. We feel the same way about Glenn but are just acting differently on it. I think that's ok.
    No, clearly we do not "feel" the same way about Glenn Frey. IMO he was replaced to best enable the brand to commit to a very ambitious touring schedule in the US and quite possibly overseas.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

I promise that we do, but if you want to be holier-than-thou, I'm not going to stop you. I know what's in my heart and my mind. Thank you.

I promise that we do, but if you want to be holier-than-thou, I'm not going to stop you. I know what's in my heart and my mind. Thank you.
    Save the dramatics, it's simple. I believe Glenn Frey is irreplaceable. You clearly do not.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

So Don Henley fans are liars. Interesting.

Not that I need to answer slander, but, as a Henley fan, I would probably be even more motivated to continue supporting the remaining band members, understanding that life is fleeting and that because they were probably finding healing in continuing to play music, that might help me heal, too. Which is how I view the continuation without Glenn.

But disregard this, I'm clearly lying and out of touch with my own feelings.
    Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm trying to say, in a roundabout way, that if Don Henley had died, in theory you think you'd be ok with moving on, but until you were put in that position, it isn't confirmed the way you would feel about it. I can say how I might feel if something bad happens in my life, but until it would happen (hopefully not), there is no guarantee. I might feel the opposite. That's what I'm saying.

The only way you would even know how you would feel about it, is if it would have happened instead of Glenn passing. You can say you'd be ok with moving on, but if it was reality, you might find yourself in a very different viewpoint.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm trying to say, in a roundabout way, that if Don Henley had died, in theory you think you'd be ok with moving on, but until you were put in that position, it isn't confirmed the way you would feel about it. I can say how I might feel if something bad happens in my life, but until it would happen (hopefully not), there is no guarantee. I might feel the opposite. That's what I'm saying.

The only way you would even know how you would feel about it, is if it would have happened instead of Glenn passing. You can say you'd be ok with moving on, but if it was reality, you might find yourself in a very different viewpoint.
    Exactly !

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

FFS people !!

This whole discussion has gotten pedantic and tiresome. We can all speculate til the cows come home about if Glenn would have continued had Don died first, but the truth of it is none of us will ever know, as the reverse happened. I would like to believe that wouldn't have happened, because much like Glenn, Don is irreplaceable. I could give a flying fornication if there are people who "sing just as good" as Don, because to me no one else can, or ever will. No one will ever match the songwriting pair of Henley/Frey, and no one will ever match the harmonies. You either accept the new lineup, or you don't. Simple as that. To insult those that don't agree with you is flat out stupid and immature.

But its ok that the ones who are ok with the guys going on being insulted by the people who are not ok with it. Imo Both sides are insulting each other and please don't say you're not. I'm not pointing fingers at one side. Both sides are guilty of this. Not just one side. I myself don't come in this thread that much to start stuff, but sometimes I have defend myself and only myself.

I tried to forgive with being called names or being insulting by why I didn't see the guys when Glenn was alive, but this is going too far with the insulting. For your information. Don't be insulting us with the "you don't know how it feels" line. I really find that very insulting and very hurtful. Do not put me in that category with the ones you think are insulting you. You don't know how I feel.

I really hate how this board has turned. Nobody is safe to talk about anything anymore. It can be any side. For or against the guys going on. This board is not going to get any better with each side hating each other and both sides are afraid to say anything without both sides insulting each other.

Also how can respect someone's feelings when neither side don't respect each other. I try to respect other's feelings, but its hard when you don't give it back in return. We can say we're sorry everytime, but we go right back to insulting each other. Like we didn't mean it the first time.

I've been a member of this board going on 5 years. That's when I truly became a fan of the Eagles and kinda rediscovered them. I loved coming here to talk about anything that was Eagles related. When Glenn died, this board changed big time. Imo I'm afraid to come here now with being afraid of being insulted with people I thought were friends.

Like Rodney King said. Why can't we all just get along, but I know that will never happen.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-31-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I agree with you, Shundra. I have taken a break from this board because I felt it was getting way too dramatic. I'm happy that you are finally getting to see them. Like I have said, I have no issues with those who support the new lineup. I have always liked you, and I appreciate and respect your opinions, both here and on DHAG.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    But its ok that the ones who are ok with the guys going on being insulted by the people who are not ok with it. Imo Both sides are insulting each other and please don't say you're not. I'm not pointing fingers at one side. Both sides are guilty of this. Not just one side. I myself don't come in this thread that much to start stuff, but sometimes I have defend myself and only myself.

I tried to forgive with being called names or being insulting by why I didn't see the guys when Glenn was alive, but this is going too far with the insulting. For your information. Don't be insulting us with the "you don't know how it feels" line. I really find that very insulting and very hurtful. Do not put me in that category with the ones you think are insulting you. You don't know how I feel.

I really hate how this board has turned. Nobody is safe to talk about anything anymore. It can be any side. For or against the guys going on. This board is not going to get any better with each side hating each other and both sides are afraid to say anything without both sides insulting each other.

Also how can respect someone's feelings when neither side don't respect each other. I try to respect other's feelings, but its hard when you don't give it back in return. We can say we're sorry everytime, but we go right back to insulting each other. Like we didn't mean it the first time.

I've been a member of this board going on 5 years. I loved coming here to talk about anything that was Eagles related. When Glenn died, this board changed big time. Imo I'm afraid to come here now with being afraid of being insulted with people I thought were friends.

Like Rodney King said. Why can't we all just get alone, but I know that will never happen.
    Shun - I am sorry this whole thing has upset you. It certainly has gotten nasty at times. I have always said I have no problem with people who saw the guys this year and plan to see the band in 2018. No one should ever feel they have to apologize for never having seen the Eagles before Glenn passed. Nobody knows what goes on in someone's life. I hope you don't leave the board. Speaking for myself, I appreciate everything you do for the board, the time you spend finding and putting up all the videos and articles and taking the time to give all those updates from Sirius radio.
    So, I just want to say thanks and I hope I continue to see your posts here.