Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Trivia

Default Tim Trivia

Kay and I were talking just now and we realized that we don't know a lot of trivia about Tim. Do our resident Tim fans or anyone else want to contribute some fun facts?

I'll start with one of the few I know - that Tim was a gymnast in high school.

~

Default Re: Tim Trivia

I am embarrassed to say I don't know much about Tim at all I know the 'B' stands for Bruce and when he was about 15 he was in a trio called Tim, Tom and Ron.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - I know he has long legs, likes to point, and grew up in Sacramento. He also has a way with the English language, and has an awesome stare when he makes eye contact with you. He is also lacking in chest hair, but I don't think these are the types of things we are looking for in this thread, is it?

Now here's mine - Tim replaced Randy Meisner in both Poco and the Eagles.

I guess that qualifies as trivia, even though it's a pretty well known fact amongst us Eagles fans.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Here's my contribution to Tim trivia.... His father was part Chilean and part Mexican.

Stuck on the Border

OK. This has bugged me for a while. How on earth did he get the surname 'Schmit' which couldn't be more German if it were 'Frey' (or 'Meisner' or 'Felder' for that matter).

eaglesfans

Lots of Germans fled to South America and Mexico after WW II. That could explain Timothy's very German last name. Linda Ronstadt's father was German and Mexican, for example.

His father was adopted by the Schmit's while still a young boy. The couple Timothy knew as Grandma and Grandpa were not blood relatives.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

eaglesfans

That's right...I knew there had been an adoption somewhere, but I didn't think Timothy was the adopted one.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>His father was adopted by the Schmit's while still a young boy. The couple Timothy knew as Grandma and Grandpa were not blood relatives. <hr></blockquote>

</p>

Interesting Tim trivia so far. I never knew he was an athlete. I do know that he did some backing tracks on some Steely Dan albums - Pretzel Logic, Aja, The Royal Scam.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

His father was adopted by the Schmit's while still a young boy. The couple Timothy knew as Grandma and Grandpa were not blood relatives.

I did not know Tim's father was adopted. Was his father Mexican?

I know that Tim has a daughter name Owen and a son named Ben. I think Owen is grown and is by his first wife. Does he have other children, and what are the ages of them all?

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...