Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expando and the Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Expando and the Eagles

Well, I had also wondered about this, but hadn't gotten a chance to answer before now. I actually think most of the Expando tracks could have worked as Eagles song on LROOE with a few exceptions. It's funny, but a couple of songs that I don't think would work well have already been mentioned by a couple of people that think they would work. I can't see either Compassion, One More Mile, or Ella Jean working as Eagles songs. As far as White Boy from Sacramento, it could work, but I think using the 3 black females was a brilliant idea that probably works better than anything else you could ever do with the song. I think Friday Night, I Don't Mind, and Downtime could all possibly work with some rearranging i.e. I Don't Mind would need harmonies added to the chorus. Now, interestingly enough, the songs that I think would work best as Eagles songs are the ones that are among my favorites on the album. I guess it's no accident, but I didn't think about it until after I had picked them. I think Secular Praise, Parachute, Melancholy, and A Good Day would all be great Eagles songs with only a very few minor changes to the arrangements. I also agree that any of these four songs are superior to I Don't Want To Hear Any More. Nothing against Paul Carrack, but I just think it would have been preferable to have a song written by Tim on LROOE.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm writing away from home (at my conference), so I don't have Expando to confirm lyrics. Isn't I Don't Mind the song where Tim mentions "your inner child?" When I first heard that, it immediately reminded me of Don's Get Over It...coincidental?? Or a reference to Don?

Actually, I had no idea as to who the song was about when I listened to it the first umpteen times. Now I'll have to relisten to it when I get home, with these new theories in mind.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border

And what about the line 'warm & fuzzy' in WBFS, which he relates to singing LWKUA, but which to me is a Borderism for Don & Glenn being nice to each other....