Page 106 of 125 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Here's one of Troubadour and my favorite videos. Both Jackson and Danny Kortchmar look great here. I have to say, with any song, I almost always like the recorded studio version better than any other version, probably because I've heard the recorded version first. In the case of Knock On Any Door, I heard this version first, and I like it so much more than the recorded studio cut. But then, looking at JB in that beautiful blue shirt probably helps, too!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_I7rkX4pM[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

The audio is horrible, but you can make out Jackson at a September 21, 2013 show in Winslow, AZ telling the story of how Take It Easy was written.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__B7pT45Cc0[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

I'll end the evening with a video I made a couple of years ago. My brother had emailed me a link to a live bald eagle nest cam in Norfolk, VA and I was instantly hooked. Every day I would tune in to watch 3 baby eagles being fed by their parents in the nest. This pair had starred in their own reality show since 2007, but I didn't know about it until April, 2011. At the end of the month it was reported on the live discussion that went along with the live web cam that the female had been struck and killed by a plane at the neighboring airport, which unfortunately was a favorite hunting spot. Thousands of viewers, including me, stayed glued to the cam, wondering if the male would continue to feed the 3 hungry eaglets, and several hours later he flew into the nest with a fish. But experts decided that it would be extremely difficult for him to keep 3 fast-growing eaglets fed until they were ready to leave the nest around the end of May. So they removed the babies from the nest and took them to the west side of the state to the Wildlife Center of Virginia, where they were raised until their successful release at the end of summer.

This video is my tribute to that viewing season. I couldn't have found a better song to express my feelings than Jackson Browne's All Good Things.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4M6vHTl0E[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

Thanks PM for all the great videos!

Happy Birthday Jackson! Can't believe he's 65

The Running on Empty tour at the New Haven Coliseum in the Summer of 1978 was the first rock concert I ever saw. I was 15 and had to really beg to be able to go. What a great show. And he's still putting on such wonderful concerts. Here's to many more happy birthdays!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Thanks PM for all the great videos!

Happy Birthday Jackson! Can't believe he's 65

The Running on Empty tour at the New Haven Coliseum in the Summer of 1978 was the first rock concert I ever saw. I was 15 and had to really beg to be able to go. What a great show. And he's still putting on such wonderful concerts. Here's to many more happy birthdays!
    I envy you for getting to see JB on his ROE tour! Lucky Duck! Do you remember anything specific about it?
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I envy you for getting to see JB on his ROE tour! Lucky Duck! Do you remember anything specific about it?
    PM:

I don't remember a lot of specific details in my old age I do remember that Rosemary Butler and David Lindley were fantastic, as was the rest of the band. He sang a lot off the Running on Empty album, which I loved. The Load Out/Stay was getting a lot of airplay that Summer on our local FM station, so that got a huge reaction. And I loved The Pretender, so hearing that live was great. I was just so thrilled to be there and seeing Jackson, and we had floor seats, which I thought was just the coolest thing ever. I got a t-shirt with the cover of the first album on it.

Just like with the Eagles, I never dreamed I'd still be able to see them play live 35 years later. And he's still so great in concert.

Thanks for that. I would have loved seeing him back then. For me, when all of these guys can't perform anymore will truly be the day the music died. Thank goodness for records.
    ~ Cathy ~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Thanks for that. I would have loved seeing him back then. For me, when all of these guys can't perform anymore will truly be the day the music died. Thank goodness for records.
    I know Pm. I thought about that too. How awful will it be? There are so many of the artists that I love getting up there in years.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I knew this would happen! I forgot to post about my 1st anniversary of seeing the wonderful JB on Nov. 2! I thought about it last Friday and with the weekend I completely forgot.

Anyways, one year ago I finally got to see him in St. Louis at the Fabulous Fox Theatre and he was so, so fantastic! We had awesome seats, (and I got to meet Pm and Mr. Pm for the first time that night too!) I had thought that I might not enjoy his show, but Pm kept telling me here that I would love it and she was right! What a lovely, humble, funny, talented, beautiful man!

If you ever get the chance, GO! He will not disappoint! Now I want to see him with his usual band which would include David Lindley.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I knew this would happen! I forgot to post about my 1st anniversary of seeing the wonderful JB on Nov. 2! I thought about it last Friday and with the weekend I completely forgot.

Anyways, one year ago I finally got to see him in St. Louis at the Fabulous Fox Theatre and he was so, so fantastic! We had awesome seats, (and I got to meet Pm and Mr. Pm for the first time that night too!) I had thought that I might not enjoy his show, but Pm kept telling me here that I would love it and she was right! What a lovely, humble, funny, talented, beautiful man!

If you ever get the chance, GO! He will not disappoint! Now I want to see him with his usual band which would include David Lindley.
    I'm glad you remembered the date, Brooke, because I'm sure not good at that! I have some wonderful memories - I just don't keep track of when they happened! Lol!

It's no secret on this board that I fell hard for Jackson after seeing him the first time in 2009. As much as I enjoy his solo acoustic show and seeing him with Sara Watkins, I want to see him perform with his band again. For me, part of what I love about some of JB's songs are the arrangements on the original recordings. Sometimes there are parts of songs I like so much that I don't enjoy the song as much without them. Also, Jackson's vocals are starting to show some wear and tear, and I don't think that would be as noticeable with his band backing him.
    ~ Cathy ~