Page 7 of 156 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn Mentions in the Press/in Blogs etc.

I'm sure brooke does. I'd feel VERY safe if I thought Glenn was watching me on the road!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh yes, I feel very safe now! I really would hate to look in my rear view mirror and see that group coming up behind me!

Now, if Glenn was back there trying to stop me, no second thoughts needed!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Check out this cute story from GreatestHockeyLegends.com (they even link to a photo from my site! )

Did you know Glenn Frey of Eagles fame is a huge hockey buff?

Frey grew up in Detroit and was a big Red Wings fan. He was able to watch all the Hockey Night In Canada games. Hockey was his favorite sport.

When Eagles made it big out in Hollywood, Frey became a Los Angeles Kings season ticket holder and he even became good friends with several of the Kings players - such as Dave Hutchison, Bob Nevin, and Gene Carr. Frey even wore Carr's jersey on stage several times.

In Ted Mahovlich's book Triple Crown: The Marcel Dionne Story, Hutchison recalls a story of Frey coming out to practice with the Kings injured players, including Hutchy and Marcel Dionne.

"I got suspended and Marcel was out of the lineup for a few days. When the team went on the road, if you were injured or suspended you didn't go. We'd stay home and practice at the Culver City arena, the old practice rink we had. So I used to bring Glenn along.

"He loved to play hockey and would show up religiously, and at the same time he's recording these albums. He would get home at three o'clock in the morning, shit-faced and stoned, and then show up at our practice rink at eight o'clock in the morning - still all googly eyed - and he'd come out and play with us. He wasn't an NHLer, but he grew up in Detroit skating. So he'd come out and play, sweat like a bastard, and then go back to making his music."
    Reminds of this photo:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Cute story - great pic!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

And with hair flying!

Love that story! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awwww! So cute! I knew there was a divine reason for Laura and myself taking up ice skating last week. We've been twice in a week so far.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Check out this story from the blog Heather's Happy Hour - it's too cute! For context, read the whole article, but I'll just snip the part directly relevant to Glenn for here:

-------------------------

Frey [the bus driver Heather meets in Glasgow] says: "So I'm on this website for people who come to Scotland looking for information about their ancestry and I get this call one day from this bloke who says he's going to be in Scotland on tour with his band an he asked if I'd meet up with him to chat family history. Then he says my name is Glenn Frey I'm in the Eagles. I said sure, I'll meet up with anyone for a pint but you ought to know mate you're pronouncing your name wrong it's not FRY it's FRAY."

At this point I'm gaping at the guy having always been a huge fan and the time frame for the story was the Hell Freezes Over Tour. So I said, "So did he show up? Was it Glenn Frey from the Eagles?"

Frey: "Yep, he showed up with back stage passes just for talkin with him, an let me tell you, those boys live like kings!"

---------------------------

Stuck on the Border

I'm confused. So there was a bus driver also called Frey who pronounced it 'Fray'? Reading the story it seems as if it may have been his first name.

He (Glenn) must get sick of that. When he was here in 1988 he was asked on radio how he pronounced his name.

I read it as his last name. Often people are addressed solely by their last name, especially men (like when Joe says in Farewell 1 "Henley's not through with me yet.")

I honestly think Glenn probably got a laugh out of the guy telling him he pronounced his own name wrong. Come on, that's funny!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree Soda. As someone who has a "difficult" last name, I have spent my entire life telling people how to pronounce it. You just learn to deal with it and "not sweat the small stuff" as they say. It's just easier to laugh it off and find bigger fish to fry (or fray).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016