Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN - 10/16/2013

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN - 10/16/2013

Ha! I have not voluntarily listened to the Beatles in over 30 years, and I can't see it happening anytime in the next 20 years.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Ha! I have not voluntarily listened to the Beatles in over 30 years, and I can't see it happening anytime in the next 20 years.
    Oh dear. I don't want to get into this & ask you why not because it's your opinion, but you are missing out on a great deal of wonderful music.

I also don't wish to defend my position as it would be going too far off topic.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

When I was little my parents had Abbey Road and Maxwell's Silver Hammer always scared me. Then, when I was a little older, we got Sgt. Peppers and I always liked it. Those are the only two Beatles albums I have heard, and I did not analyze the harmonies. I do wish I were around during the hysteria when they first came over to the US and had witnessed it, like Glenn and Timothy. I would lie on the living room floor forever and stare at the album covers, the bare feet, cigarette dangling from a hand, etc...I miss albums. I felt like my kids were missing out, so I bought a turntable and some old albums (random ones, U2, Go-Gos, Stones). I know a lot of people on here have Eagles vinyl. That was a horrible, off-topic ramble I just went on, sorry.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    When I was little my parents had Abbey Road and Maxwell's Silver Hammer always scared me. Then, when I was a little older, we got Sgt. Peppers and I always liked it. Those are the only two Beatles albums I have heard, and I did not analyze the harmonies. I do wish I were around during the hysteria when they first came over to the US and had witnessed it, like Glenn and Timothy. I would lie on the living room floor forever and stare at the album covers, the bare feet, cigarette dangling from a hand, etc...I miss albums. I felt like my kids were missing out, so I bought a turntable and some old albums (random ones, U2, Go-Gos, Stones). I know a lot of people on here have Eagles vinyl. That was a horrible, off-topic ramble I just went on, sorry.
    Please, please, at least try Revolver, the White Album, Help! & A Hard Day's Night, or if you don't want to go that far buy One, which is a collection of the Number One singles.

I am going to have to revive the Beatles thread in Sake of the Song because I would like to talk about their singing & harmony style & many other things. I won't do it now.

The photos of the show are great.

On the Country Rock discussion, I'd just like to say 'GRAM PARSONS'.

The Beatles - In my opinion they were OK but there have been many better bands since. I'm too young to remember Beatlemania. I always find it strange that in the US the Beatles are still revered like gods while here in the UK they are hardly mentioned anymore, and most people under 35 don't even know who they were. I guess that's why Paul McCartney does far more solo shows in the US than he does in the UK!

I moved the most recent posts solely discussing the Beatles as opposed to the Nashville show into the Beatles thread here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1627

Hope nobody minds!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Amusing tweet:

"I thought Glenn wrote this song, then he told me I did." - Joe Walsh (introducing 'Life's Been Good' during the Eagles concert tonight)
    LOL

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    There are some more pictures from Nashville.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/sfCP4.../browse?Page=1
    Cool pics!!! Thanks for posting the link

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)