Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC - July 12, 2015

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC - July 12, 2015

There's a guy who keeps tweeting that he's offended no one can use cellphones at the arena tonight. I'm dying to reply and ask if he's tweeting via mental telepathy? He apparently doesn't know hardly any of the songs, and is very derisive that all the fans are 'old'. I'm glad I'm not sitting beside of him.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC - July 12, 2015

If the show is that bad, why the heck would you stay? .

I hate to go without my phone for even just a few minutes (I know, I'm addicted), but I'd easily give it up for several hours to seethe Eagles or any other band that I like who have that policy.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Now he's complaining that there's an intermission. Can you imagine being married to this man?
    VK

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I can't even imagine dating a guy like him. I feel sorry for the people in the seats near him, if he's causing trouble by using his phone. Oh security....
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

He might had never been to an Eagles concert. The guys always do an intermission and its not even that long. Sounds like a newbie to me. Even though I've never seen the guys in concert (which I probably won't ever), I know they are strict with phones, camera, and videotaping

A couple nice tweets:

Just back from an Eagles concert...since 1971 these guys have been making great music and they still sound great, Henley/Frey American icons
    Don Henley Glenn Fry Joe Walsh ...EAGLES music will live forever! Amazing concert #HotelCalifornia #desperado #Eagles #lifeinthefastlane
    There were quite a few others, all saying they were amazing, great, etc. You know, 'the usual' for our guys!
    VK

Out on the Border

The show last night was fantastic! I mentioned in another thread that I saw the show in Atlanta in 2013 and both my husband and I thought this one was even better. Obviously the venue was much smaller but that seemed like a good thing. The crowd was great, beyond a few like the aforementioned tweeter and the really drunk lady behind me who talked too much and spilled beer all over us. In Atlanta, both Glenn and Don were sick and they gave it their all but in comparison to last night it is now even more obvious that they didn't feel good in Atlanta. Last night all the guys were so animated and seemed to be having a great time. Like the truly good time which is infectious to the audience so we could feed off each other. As I am a big Glenn fan I kept my eyes on him more than the others and he was so much fun to watch! He danced a lot, told his usual jokes which were a big hit, but my 2 personal faves - when Timothy introduced him he did a James Brown imitation complete with a spinand during his guitar duel with Joe he did this tongue thing (a la Gene Simmons) that was really funny. I absolutely love how invested he is in each song. Don did a very passable South Care-lina imitation at the beginning and more than once mentioned how grateful they all are for their fans and the fact that they are still around because of them - which I really appreciate. And of course, Joe and Tim were their usual awesome, too. We took our 2 sons (23 and 19) and they loved it as well and were amazed that guys who are "soooo old" can still rock like that
    All in all, I just got the feeling that becasue they know they are winding up they are making the most of it and having a good time. I am so grateful to have gotten another chance to see this show and hopefully some solo stuff will come from Glenn before it's all said and done, along with Don's new stuff. And maybe a Broadway musical, too!

Just like Secondchances said, what a great audience we had last night!!! The audience was into it from the first moment until the last minute The guys seem tired but still give their usual great show.
    I saw Timothy once looking around as if to savor the experience. I really hope they have another tour in them. I also think they have another album in them musically if they would just do it. But I am probably just dreaming....

A big shoutout to Keith and Wendy. Great seeing you again. Wish we lived closer. Hope to see you again soon!!!!!!!

Thank you for the reviews, TF222 and SecondChances! I'm glad you all had a great time. I have to wait a week before I see them again, and it'll be the longest week on record, I swear! At any rate, you both definitely have my anticipation levels high!!!!
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thank you for your reviews TF222 and sc! I'm glad you had a great time, but I knew you would! The Eagles are the best!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten