Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U2

Default U2

I just love U2 - they're my third favorite band, after the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac.

Imagine my dismay when my friend and I tried to get tickets to their Chicago show... only to find out that tickets cost $267 apiece after fees!!!!! And this isn't just the floor - there's some that cost that much as far up as the 4th tier!!!

Guess I'll just have to stay home.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: U2

Well, this makes me feel a little better about them - their version of ILAA gives all the proceeds from the VIP tickets to charity:

http://u2log.com/2009/03/30/100-perc...es-to-charity/

However, too bad some of that charity couldn't extend to lower ticket prices for the fans!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Makes you wonder-"what recession?"

It seems the entertainment industry hasn't felt it yet cause people are still paying these outrageous prices.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I saw the same prices out here by me, and the first thing I thought was how big the jump up from Eagles tix prices. I don't love U2, I merely like them, so I would never pay this to see them...in fact, I'm not sure I would pay this to see anyone. Well, I'm sure I could think of an exception or two, but it would have to be pretty darn special...something on the order of Live Aid (which I wish I could remember, but I think we paid $100 pp or less for all that music...but back in '85 that was worth a lot more!)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border

I think it is worth repeating here that last time I saw the Eagles I paid $550 EACH for four of the shows.

I will be booking soon for Simon & Garfunkel and I am expecting that to be at least $300, which is also what I paid to see Eric Clapton.

I am not trying to whine here, but it costs a great deal more to go to concerts in this country than it does in the Northern Hemisphere.

I've checked on these as well and was very disappointed to see the prices. I REALLY wanted to see the band, as I LOVE U2, but not at those prices!

Border Desperado

There are less expensive tickets as well at $30, $55 & $95 - something for everyone. The seats may not be as good, but I've gone with those type seats in the past just so I could see certain performers. I love U2 but my complaint with this tour is there isn't something for those of us who don't like stadium shows (and that once again they aren't coming to my town).

All the seats under $100 sold out before my friend and I could get to them. Why? Because there weren't very many of them. The VAST majority of the arena's seats were over $100. Indeed, a great portion of the arena was top dollar. As mentioned earlier, this extends all the way up to part of the fourth tier!

The cheapest ones that we were able to bring up, costing $100 each, were not very close. We'd be watching it off the screens. $100 is a lot of money to me; I want decent seats if I'm gonna pay it.

No thanks.

I don't blame you Soda. Somebody has to reel in these promoters and their exorbitant ticket prices, and it looks like it's going to have to be us, the concert goers.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.