Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N'Roses

Default Re: Guns N'Roses

And, I second everything that TBF said, Topkat. A healthy debate is good and sometimes when we least expect it, we can learn things we didn't know! I know that I do.

I couldn't agree more with the Ritz show. You saw the best rock show ever, as far as I'm concerned. End of story.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border

Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.
    For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.
    That said, I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz1rrrRXbUw

If he was so against his induction should he not have said so at the time it was announced?

I am not a fan of this band. I just pose this out of interest.

Stuck on the Border

NB: This sort of stuff has happened before:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...shows-20120412

So it emphasises the way the Eagles were adult enough to deal with it.

And, I think that's all that any of us die-hard fans wanted. Just a few amicable minutes to celebrate and relive what got them into the RRHOF to begin with. I don't think that's too much to expect. It's a once in a life time occasion and would have, in a way I think, been some sort of closure for us. I fell in love with the old GNR for the dirty, sleazy, balls to the wall injection they gave to rock and roll at a time when rock was dying. I didn't like the direction that Axl was taking the band with the long, orchestrated songs after the AFD album. The whole attraction of Guns was their (then) unique "I don't give a **bleep** attitude". In this current day and age, I much prefer the music that Slash and Duff are putting out and I really like Steven's new single too! Without the catalog of songs from the original Guns members, Axl or the *new* Guns had to relinquish the old songs and could only play his own new material, I think he would be in for a rude awakening.
    Last edited by lizzyplays; 04-12-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Without the catalog of songs from the original Guns members, Axl or the *new* Guns had to relinquish the old songs and could only play his own new material, I think he would be in for a rude awakening.
    I'm one of those that bought Chinese Democracy, after waiting 3 years for the darn thing to come out and I've played it exactly 1 time!! Don't get me wrong, his voice was awesome on it and there were a couple of songs that I probably would of grown to like BUT I just couldn't get my mind around the fact that it was Guns N Roses. It just didn't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    If he was so against his induction should he not have said so at the time it was announced?

I am not a fan of this band. I just pose this out of interest.
    A very valid point. I hadn't even thought of that. What is he thinking and why'd it take him so long?

On a random note, talking about the making of Chinese Democracy, whatever happened to Buckethead? Just curious!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ooo yeah, what did happen to him? I honestly haven't followed them since the exit of Slash. I have randomly scanned articles when I thought Axl might speak sorely of the ex members, but to me the whole "Buckethead" persona just seemed to much of a joke to succeed. Given the situation that Mr Head was being hired into, I don't think any amount of talent (no clue if he had it) could overcome the shoes he had to fill and then to have branded yourself with such a silly name/persona, it seemed inevitable for failure.

Eddie Trunk speaks up about R&R HOF and Axl Rose

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2012-...ose-rrhof-snub

I totally agree with everything Eddie says about the HOF. I've said it over and over again. For me, this is not about the HOF, it's about Axl's whole attitude toward the fans of the REAL GNR.

Therefore, I think what Eddie says about that, "This thing about it’s Axl disrepecting the fans is total BS. I’m a fan of GNR, I don’t need the RRHOF to validate them. How someone would stop being a GNR fan if they are currently because Axl Rose decided not to stand on stage with a bunch of people he hasn’t played with in over 15 years and accept an honor that was not voted in by the fans is beyond my comprehension." is not true as far as I can tell. No one I know has said that because Axl is pulling this, I'm gonna stop being a GNR fan. Never!!! I've maintained all along that I have absolutely no desire to ever see what he has going now, PERIOD!! Doesn't mean I'm no longer a GNR fan.

I also never expected a full blown reunion like we had after the Eagles were brought together at their induction. Why would he, he has his own little band going and Slash & Duff have their own thing going and even Steven does too. But I sure expected Axl to have enough common courtesy to at least get on that stage and accept the award FOR THE FANS!!!!

I respect Eddie Trunk and most everything he does and says regarding rock n roll, he knows his stuff, but I think he's off base as apparently do a lot of original GNR fans, on this one.

I think Eddie had an interesting point of view. The R&R HOF was trying to get a reunion of G&R and take the credit for it to boost themselves. It was just interesting to get Eddie's opinion on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think Eddie had an interesting point of view. The R&R HOF was trying to get a reunion of G&R and take the credit for it to boost themselves. It was just interesting to get Eddie's opinion on the whole thing.
    Now I might have missed it but was there an official comment or anything from someone at the HOF stating that they were trying to get a reunion of GNR? I mean to me, that sounds like speculation. So we are to assume that every time a group that is now defunct gets put into the hall of fame, the reason is because the HOF wants there to be a reunion they can take credit for. If we are all honest, every year that list comes out, aren't we all HOPING that there is going to be a reunion of those groups at the ceremony and that it will lead to something more? I know I certainly am!!!! Again, just my opinion.