Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: I Like the Cover More Than the Original

Border Desperado

Default Re: I Like the Cover More Than the Original

I'm pretty sure most of you have come across [U]Chimes of Freedom[U].

It's still on Amazon Prime. It has 70+ artists honoring Bob Dylan by covering his songs. It's pretty cool, because you can compare the various artists' covers to the originals.

Adele's version of "Make you feel my love" was really nice

No matter what you you think about him, Bob Dylan is just a pure genius( IMO).
    It's as if he had a muse constantly whispering in his ear...

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Just heard Richie Havens' version of "Eleanor Rigby." I definitely prefer this one to the Beatles' original.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I like Don's version of Everybody Knows better than the original. I guess Leonard made it more sexier with his deep voice, but it was a turn off after I heard Don's version.

I like Don's version of Searching For A Heart.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I heard a couple more while my local alternative rock station had their popular "Under Cover" weekend a couple weeks ago where they play various cover songs but most are by alt rock/indie artists and they're covering other alt rock/indie artists so a lot here might not know the originals.

That being said there are a lot of Beatles songs from their early albums that are covers that I prefer a lot to the original. Same with Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Speaking of Beatles covers, I'm reminded of my preference for Keith Moon's rendition of "In My Life," from his "Two Sides of the Moon" album, over the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkVNUl4NNk
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney