Thread: Guess Who and Blood, Sweat and Tears

Stuck on the Border

Default Guess Who and Blood, Sweat and Tears

We just finished up with our local County Fair this past weekend. Saturday nite, ZZ Top was scheduled to play (I had 6 VIP tix reserved). Bassist Dusty Hill needed to have kidney stone surgery 5 days before the scheduled show, so the concert was cancelled.

The Fair staff had to scramble to try to find a replacement for the Saturday nite show (the biggest money making event for the Fair). Turns out, the Guess Who contacted them and offered their services. (They were in Michigan on Friday and had nothing scheduled for Saturday).

2 days before the concert, it was announced that Blood, Sweat and Tears would open for them - with Bo Bice (runner-up to Carrie Underwood on American Idol) singing lead.

All in all, it was a very good show. I had forgotten just how many hits the Guess Who actually had! And what an amazing job our Fair did re-booking a concert in less than 5 days!
    [

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Guess Who and Blood, Sweat and Tears

I gotta agree Molly - that was pretty impressive. And kudos to Guess Who for stepping up to the plate! Glad y'all had a good time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Although I don't know that much about Guess Who, I've always liked their music. They kind of hold a soft spot in my heart because when Hubby and I were dating, he gave me a 5-CD player with The Best of Guess Who cd. I used to play that thing to death. My favorite was/is No Sugar Tonight.

I'm jealous because this weekend is the Decatur Celebration and there's nobody good (to me) there this year. I would love to see Guess Who. We're going, because we always do, but it will be more about the food than the music this year.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Molly, sounds like your fair board did a great job! And l love the Guess Who too! Don't know much about them other than we had their greatest hits 8-track back in the day and loved Share the Land, No Sugar Tonight, and These Eyes.

Pm, have fun at the Celebration!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten