Page 108 of 195 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Just listened to the Okkervil River version of "The End of the Innocence" and oh my gosh, it sucks HARD. Poor Don. Leaving his critique at "I wasn't impressed" was actually kind of him.

In addition to sucking, it has some disturbing lyric changes:

"We're beating plowshares into swords but too cowardly to kill our kings" (!!!)

"Lawyers clean up all details since Daddy had to die"

I can understand why Don wouldn't want his name associated with that kind of sentiment...

I won't bother to type out the two craptastic last verses he made up entirely. LAMENESS.

I kind of wish Don hadn't given this guy publicity - perhaps it would have been best to let the song remain buried in obscurity, as this whole thing has actually gotten this guy into Rolling Stone - but I sure as heck don't blame Don for being pissed off.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

It is horrible to think that somebody might think Don wrote those lyrics. It's a bit more obvious with the new verses, but changing half of a line is disturbing.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I'm sitting here tonight watching the news...and the sports comes on...and the guy starts out by saying..."I don't think this is what Don Henley had in mind when he wrote The Boys of Summer"...and goes on to do a story about our hockey team playing a scrimmage tonight...I thought this was so cool!!! not every night I hear Don's or any of the guy's names on the news!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I'm sitting here tonight watching the news...and the sports comes on...and the guy starts out by saying..."I don't think this is what Don Henley had in mind when he wrote The Boys of Summer"...and goes on to do a story about our hockey team playing a scrimmage tonight...I thought this was so cool!!! not every night I hear Don's or any of the guy's names on the news!!

Ultimate Classic Rock facebook page share this on Don. Guess the artist in this yearbook photo.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/can-y...ook-photo-164/

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Since it was Don's birthday yesterday, Houston's Classic Rock radio station was playing little snippets of interviews with him. A couple that I heard were....

"I was kind of a silent partner on the 1st Eagles album. I didn't have much to do with it but somewhere between the 1st and 2nd albums, Glenn & I became a songwriting team."

"Life was much simpler back then. We would get up & didn't think about much except songwriting and, Don laughs, girls." I love his laugh!!

I saw this link on Facebook and KEarth did a little article on Don on his birthday. They also included Don's Top 5 Solo Hits.

http://kearth101.cbslocal.com/2014/0...ive-solo-hits/

Very complimentary - nice article!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Somebody was sharing a picture on facebook of Don in one of his flannel plaid shirt. Someone said he gets his shirts from this place called Rockmount Ranch Wear. So I went to their facebook page and sho nuff he does. They even wished Don a happy birthday and had pictures of Don wearing their shirts.

I don't know how to share Don's part, but scroll down to July 22nd. A nice little article on Don.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockm...r/195374881178
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-29-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks for posting all of these shun, I've been looking around Facebook lately myself, some of the Eagles groups are cool, some have too much trash-talking for me. I want to hear about Don, not how much you hate other Facebook groups, other sites, and other fans who you think have done you wrong. Glad we don't have any of that around here.
    ~Sara