The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #181
Brooke
Moderator
 
Brooke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
Posts: 20,173
Default Re: POCO

I saw Poco last fall and they were great!

They are doing a few shows this year for their 50th Anniversary and will have special guests. I doubt Timothy will go, but it would be cool if he did.

Here is a link about their show in Missouri. Don't know if they will be more places.

https://wildwoodspringssales.com/con...o-oct-26-2018/
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
"They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #182
Dawn
Stuck on the Border
 
Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Walking in Memphis ...
Posts: 1,586
Default Re: POCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
I saw Poco last fall and they were great!

They are doing a few shows this year for their 50th Anniversary and will have special guests. I doubt Timothy will go, but it would be cool if he did.

Here is a link about their show in Missouri. Don't know if they will be more places.

https://wildwoodspringssales.com/con...o-oct-26-2018/
Hi Brooke, I think I heard somewhere they are playing in San Diego next month. With Pure Prairie League.
__________________


"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #183
FannyBeTender
Border Desperado
 
FannyBeTender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Birthplace of America's Music
Posts: 229
Default Re: POCO

I posted this on one of Timothy's threads last night, but figured Poco fans might appreciate the link too.

If you go to Paste Magazine's website, you can hear live Poco performances that are not all available on cd or youtube:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/search?t=poco&m=Audio
__________________

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....
FannyBeTender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #184
Topkat
Stuck on the Border
 
Topkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,315
Default Re: POCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
For anyone interested in live Poco albums:

This album was put out on Amazon a few months back. It's from the Head Over Heels era.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075HFSBXM?tag=mfconvert-20



Live: Wollman Memorial Skating Rink, NY. 22 Aug '75 - Remastered

track listing:
1. Keep on Tryin'
2. Sagebrush Serenade
3. Blue Water
4. Fools Gold
5. Rocky Mountain Breakdown
6. Bad Weather
7. Hoedown
8. Ride The Country
9. Making Love
10. Georgia Bind My Ties
11. Restrain
12. Railroad Days
13. Sittin' On A Fence
14. High and Dry
15. A Good Feelin' to Know
16. A Right Along

This is from the 1975 Schaefer Music Festival. It was recorded and broadcast by The King Biscuit Flower Hour. Really great concert from the "Fab Four" era of the band.


I was at this show. The Schaefer Music Festival was an amazing place..The shows were unreal. I think I was there every week to see a show! WOW
Loved that place. I must get this album...Thanks for posting!
__________________
Topkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #185
FannyBeTender
Border Desperado
 
FannyBeTender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Birthplace of America's Music
Posts: 229
Default Re: POCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
I was at this show. The Schaefer Music Festival was an amazing place..The shows were unreal. I think I was there every week to see a show! WOW
Loved that place. I must get this album...Thanks for posting!
That would have been awesome to go see! Some great acts from what I've read.
__________________

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....
FannyBeTender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #186
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border
 
NightMistBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Randyland
Posts: 3,208
Default Re: POCO

Ah geez, Poco is playing in my neck o' the woods in February and I thought I had plenty of time to get tickets but I see the show is nearly sold out. Only a few (very expensive) tickets left. Who knew they were so popular?

OT: Fanny, I was going to compliment you on that fab photo of Timmy in a studio (his home studio?) but I changed the Forums skin - if that's the right terminology - and now I don't see it.

Technology, why do you thwart me?!
NightMistBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #187
FannyBeTender
Border Desperado
 
FannyBeTender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Birthplace of America's Music
Posts: 229
Default Re: POCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
Ah geez, Poco is playing in my neck o' the woods in February and I thought I had plenty of time to get tickets but I see the show is nearly sold out. Only a few (very expensive) tickets left. Who knew they were so popular?

OT: Fanny, I was going to compliment you on that fab photo of Timmy in a studio (his home studio?) but I changed the Forums skin - if that's the right terminology - and now I don't see it.

Technology, why do you thwart me?!
Thanks . I believe it is his home studio. It comes from his Expando album.
__________________

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....

Last edited by FannyBeTender; 01-30-2018 at 12:19 PM.
FannyBeTender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #188
FannyBeTender
Border Desperado
 
FannyBeTender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Birthplace of America's Music
Posts: 229
Default Re: POCO

An Evening with Poco and Jim Messina

Interesting article:

https://www.theweekender.com/wk_cove...n-wilkes-barre
__________________

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....
FannyBeTender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #189
Dawn
Stuck on the Border
 
Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Walking in Memphis ...
Posts: 1,586
Default Re: POCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyBeTender View Post
An Evening with Poco and Jim Messina

Interesting article:

https://www.theweekender.com/wk_cove...n-wilkes-barre
Great interview, thanks FBT!
__________________


"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #190
FannyBeTender
Border Desperado
 
FannyBeTender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Birthplace of America's Music
Posts: 229
Default Re: POCO

Apologies if this was previously posted, but Poco has a new website: http://www.pocoband.com/

__________________

A little peace of mind is all I'm looking for....
FannyBeTender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.