The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #31
NYC Fan
Border Desperado
 
NYC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 411
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
Just saw Bruce Springsteen in Columbus 4/15/14--FANTASTIC!!!

Seeing Fleetwood Mac 10/19/14 in Columbus.

Would LOVE to see Jackson Browne, but he is not coming here this summer--I think the closest is Michigan. Great for you who have tix!!
Deb-

I was at that Bruce show too! Lots of fun. We did a 3 show road trip (Columbus, Nashville, Charlotte), and had a great time.

Adding my shows for now; seeing Bruce again in Albany, NY on 5/13 and at Mohegan Sun in CT on 5/17 and 5/18. Amos Lee in NJ on 6/10, Josh Ritter in CT on 6/20 and going to the Clearwater Festival in Croton on Hudson, NY on 6/22. It will be special weekend at Clearwater, as it's in memory of Pete and Toshi Seeger. Always a great weekend on the Hudson.
NYC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #32
deb828
Border Desperado
 
deb828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 236
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
Deb-

I was at that Bruce show too! Lots of fun. We did a 3 show road trip (Columbus, Nashville, Charlotte), and had a great time.

Adding my shows for now; seeing Bruce again in Albany, NY on 5/13 and at Mohegan Sun in CT on 5/17 and 5/18. Amos Lee in NJ on 6/10, Josh Ritter in CT on 6/20 and going to the Clearwater Festival in Croton on Hudson, NY on 6/22. It will be special weekend at Clearwater, as it's in memory of Pete and Toshi Seeger. Always a great weekend on the Hudson.
OMG! I am so excited to hear from someone who was at the show! Wasn't it fantastic? I had never seen Bruce before, and I think that was one of the best concerts I have ever seen--his energy level is sky high! And there was NO sitting down, as was the case for the Eagles concert at Nationwide (sorry Eagles--still a great show). You are so lucky you have tix to see him again--and again--have a wonderful time (I think it is not possible to have a bad time!)!
deb828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #33
SallyGee
Border Rebel
 
SallyGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belford, NJ
Posts: 707
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Our summer of concerts:
Ringo and his All Starr Band June 20 RedBank,NJ
Crosby, Stills, and Nash July 6 West Long Branch, NJ
James Taylor July 17 Holmdel, NJ
Jackson Browne and John Fogerty August 4 Holmdel, NJ
Heart August 8 Red Bank, NJ
Steely Dan Sept. 3 Red Bank, NJ
__________________
SallyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #34
NYC Fan
Border Desperado
 
NYC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 411
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
OMG! I am so excited to hear from someone who was at the show! Wasn't it fantastic? I had never seen Bruce before, and I think that was one of the best concerts I have ever seen--his energy level is sky high! And there was NO sitting down, as was the case for the Eagles concert at Nationwide (sorry Eagles--still a great show). You are so lucky you have tix to see him again--and again--have a wonderful time (I think it is not possible to have a bad time!)!
Deb-

That is so great that you enjoyed the show so much! Bruce is an amazing live performer, and that was a great show. Blinded, Trapped, Backstreets... What's not to love?!? Did you know you can download the show for $10 on Fanfire? He's finally come into this century and is selling the live downloads after the shows. I'm sorry this Spring tour isn't longer, but am looking forward to my next shows. I hope you get to see him again! Sorry all, if this is taking up bandwidth...
NYC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #35
deb828
Border Desperado
 
deb828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 236
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Yes, I did get the download--love that idea. I burned 3 discs and can hear the concert over and over. I guess we are off the topic a little, but I was very excited to talk to someone who loves Bruce, too! Enjoy your other shows!!

SallyG--that is an amazing concert lineup, too!
deb828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #36
Freypower
Stuck on the Border
 
Freypower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 24,191
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Joe Bonamassa, Sydney, September 14

My husband is a huge fan so this should be good.
__________________
Freypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #37
prayfordaylight
Border Troubadour
 
prayfordaylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
Deb-

That is so great that you enjoyed the show so much! Bruce is an amazing live performer, and that was a great show. Blinded, Trapped, Backstreets... What's not to love?!? Did you know you can download the show for $10 on Fanfire? He's finally come into this century and is selling the live downloads after the shows. I'm sorry this Spring tour isn't longer, but am looking forward to my next shows. I hope you get to see him again! Sorry all, if this is taking up bandwidth...
There's also a huge community of Bruce bootleggers. Nearly every show has been recorded for years. I'm sure the Fanfire recordings are way better quality though!
__________________
-Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.
prayfordaylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #38
Brooke
Moderator
 
Brooke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
Posts: 20,174
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

SG, what a great time you will have at all those shows! Enjoy!
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
"They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #39
deb828
Border Desperado
 
deb828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 236
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
There's also a huge community of Bruce bootleggers. Nearly every show has been recorded for years. I'm sure the Fanfire recordings are way better quality though!
Very cool to know.
deb828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #40
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border
 
WalshFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Central Illinois
Posts: 9,722
Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Got another one to add.

Eric Church in Peoria, IL on November 21st (2014)
__________________
-Austin-
Resident Guitar Slinger
Fan of the Eagles 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016

"People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."
WalshFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.