The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Cheap Talk and Wine

Cheap Talk and Wine Here's talk on the street and chit-chat about off-topic subjects.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #951
FreyFollower
Border Desperado

Default Re: How's the weather?

GA: Our local paper last week said The Heat is On! above the headline. I always have to smile when I hear that on a forecast or sporting event! Keep hitting the ice cream!LOL
NKIT: Around 100 here, too. Definitely Thank God for A/C! We were talking in the break room today, and I said how we didn't have A/C in school until I was in high school; and that my first car didn't have any.(Not broke..came without it). A young person looked at me like I was 90!
Old 07-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #952
CAinOH
Border Desperado

Default Re: How's the weather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
NKIT: Around 100 here, too. Definitely Thank God for A/C! We were talking in the break room today, and I said how we didn't have A/C in school until I was in high school; and that my first car didn't have any.(Not broke..came without it). A young person looked at me like I was 90!
No air in our high school either. And my 1972 Dodge Charger didn't have air (that was a luxury!).

My (rich) younger cousin once got into my car and asked how to roll down the window. I pointed to a handle on the passenger side and said, "Crank that." He looked at me like I had the weirdest car in the whole world.

Heat advisories all around the SW Ohio area, too. But the big advantage of working in a computer room? Mandatory air conditioning.
CAinOH is online now   Reply With Quote