The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #1131
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Concerts

Two nights after Queen/AL we went to see Dweezil Zappa for the third time. We were in the second row, right in front of him. He's grown up a bit since we last saw him ten years ago!

I've found the setlist, but won't post it, because a lot of it was (in my view) quite obscure early Mothers stuff. And he had female singers, so even on the songs I knew, I found it hard to understand the lyrics. Of the songs I knew I will mention Zomby Woof, Keep It Greasy, I'm So Cute, Trouble Every Day & I was proud of myself during the encore when I finally recognised Florentine Pogen. It was a set for my husband, a real aficionado. not a casual fan like me.

Dweezil is a fantastic guitarist although it surprised me that he only played a Gibson SG. He doesn't really sing. There was only one song where he did harmonies.

Imagine if Deacon Frey formed a band & played his father's really obscure stuff (although Frank's catalogue was so large .... that's the difference).
Old 02-26-2018, 09:07 PM   #1132
Annoying Twit
Stuck on the Border

On Thursday night, I should be seeing Pio Squad & Cocotte Minute.

Annoying Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #1133
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
Two nights after Queen/AL we went to see Dweezil Zappa for the third time. We were in the second row, right in front of him. He's grown up a bit since we last saw him ten years ago!

I've found the setlist, but won't post it, because a lot of it was (in my view) quite obscure early Mothers stuff. And he had female singers, so even on the songs I knew, I found it hard to understand the lyrics. Of the songs I knew I will mention Zomby Woof, Keep It Greasy, I'm So Cute, Trouble Every Day & I was proud of myself during the encore when I finally recognised Florentine Pogen. It was a set for my husband, a real aficionado. not a casual fan like me.

Dweezil is a fantastic guitarist although it surprised me that he only played a Gibson SG. He doesn't really sing. There was only one song where he did harmonies.

Imagine if Deacon Frey formed a band & played his father's really obscure stuff (although Frank's catalogue was so large .... that's the difference).
Now that's an idea I would like, Fp!
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #1134
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
Now that's an idea I would like, Fp!
Me too, Brooke.

"People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016