Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

I have a fund called 'The Glenn fund'.

Wonder what I'll do with it now
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Mine is called 'my running away fund'!

(obviously with Don )

Keep it going GA, you may want to buy memorabilia or something special to mark your great memories)
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Nothing on deck really for me this year so far except I did score some Hamilton tickets through the AmEx pre-sale they had. The reason I got the AmEx to begin with was because I didn't want to have to fight with everyone else for Eagles tickets !! So, thanks boys !! I have to wait 'til November, but I'm sure it'll be worth it !!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm actually already planning to go to a couple soon. I listen to a lot of country music so most of the concerts I've been going to are that genre (went to a ton last year). I'm going to see Kacey Musgraves on the 26th, then Keith Urban in May. We're also planning to see Kenny Chesney but we're mostly going to see the opening act Old Dominion, who are a really great newish country band that my entire family likes. They actually in a weird way remind me of The Eagles as you can tell they've been influenced by them with their harmonies, there's 5 members, and how three of them originally were songwriters in Nashville for other artists and those became hits so they decided to form a band. They even posted a Glenn tribute video when he passed with them performing "Peaceful Easy Feeling". Still waiting for other possible singers/bands as I'd personally like to go to a rock/pop concert for a change, and we might be going back to Nashville in the fall so I can go to the Opry (it was closed when I went to CMA Fest last summer).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Nothing on deck really for me this year so far except I did score some Hamilton tickets through the AmEx pre-sale they had. The reason I got the AmEx to begin with was because I didn't want to have to fight with everyone else for Eagles tickets !! So, thanks boys !! I have to wait 'til November, but I'm sure it'll be worth it !!
    I hear that Hamilton is a fantastic show, WW. I hope you really enjoy it.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Just got front row tickets to Keith Urban on November 12th in Bloomington, IL.

Keith is one of my favorite "non-classic rock"/modern guitar players and I'm not ashamed to admit I mostly go to hear him play guitar for a couple hours.

Out of every band I've ever seen, he's had the best guitar sound I've ever heard come through the speakers. And I don't mean his playing skills but just the sound of his guitars and amps translate so well live.

AC/DC in St Louis is next weekend on the 20th. Should be a great show. It's gonna be awhile before the Urban show comes around. Hoping to find some concerts to see in between.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    WW-

I saw Hamilton over the Summer and it is amazing. It truly lives up to all the hype. They are performing on the Grammys tonight. Another reason to watch, besides the Glenn tribute. I have been somewhat obsessively listening to the cast recording 😄

On deck for me concert-wise are Josh Ritter at the Beacon this week, and Jason Isbell at the Beacon next week. Then Springsteen in Rochester for my birthday celebration. Good couple of weeks coming up!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, awesome! Love, love Keith! Makes me remember driving to Peoria all by myself a few years ago to see him! Fantastic time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Don't know what will ultimately come of it, but I am hoping to be able(financially and physically) to attend the Moody Blues' performance at the Fox Theater in Atlanta, GA, on March 12.

They're one of the very few bands who can begin to approach the Eagles in lyricality and musicality, IMO.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just saw this morning that Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are finally coming back to my city in April. He hasn't performed here in I think 19 years but I know this is going to be so pricey but I've always wanted to see them. I love both of them, especially Trisha and her songs including "Walkaway Joe" she did with Don Henley. Plus I feel it would also honor one of my friends who passed as he was such a huge Garth fan.