Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

My friend Marissa, who works for a radio station, got to "sit in" on a phone interview with Stevie Nicks a couple days ago and ask her a question! Listen to the interview here:

http://www.wmgk.com/Audio/tabid/209/...ner-41409.aspx

Go Marissa!!

(She PMed me before doing this and I gave her the iPod-soldier question idea, which she gave to her boss. So, I kinda sorta indirectly got to ask Stevie a question!)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

And just got sent this link from a friend - Janis Joplin yells at Stevie, Lindsey, and their early band Fritz!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/24261447

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've probably already said this somewhere, but hearing this version of Silver Springs on the radio driving home one day in 1997 got me interested in Fleetwood Mac. Before then, I didn't really know much about them - as in zero, lol - but I was to become a true hardcore! So, thank you, Silver Springs!
    I don't know that I've ever heard this song before...at first I was sure I hadn't, but then when they got to the chorus, it did sound vaguely familiar. So perhaps I heard it a long time ago?? Either way, it is a beautiful song, & I really enjoyed it!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

It's a very old song written in the mid seventies, intended to be included on Rumours, but then replaced. Here Stevie talks about the song:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fleetwood...ng-meaning.htm
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Interesting!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Anybody see this month's People Magazine. It has Stevie in it with her life in pictures, very interesting.

It's an awesome spread! All Stevie fans should run out and get a copy!

She looks great, but then again she always looks great

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Here's something kinda strange I came across a few minutes ago. It's from 2004 and has probably been seen already but I thought it was interesting. A bit about Lindsey also but the stuff about Stevie I found a little intriguing and, dare I say, strange. About a mystery daughter that's unconfirmed and apparently 4 abortions. Also mentions about Don and her's daughter. According to this, Don had a nursery ready and all. Just weird. How much is true I wonder. And the rumors of who she has been romantically linked to include Cheryl Crow and most of her female backup singers?

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Fleetwood...er-Rumours.htm

Fleetwood Mac - research paper on "Rumours"

Expert: Callie Pillar - 11/2/2004

Question
    I am doing a research paper on Fleetwood Mac. I am focusing mainly on the "Rumours" era. Any info you have on history of the bandmembers, their relationships with eachother, autobiographical info, or a web site where I can talk to any of the members, etc. would be a big help. Thank you, Sarah

Answer
    Hi again Sarah,

I am sorry about the delay. My computer useage has been very limited over the past week. Here are the remainder of the stats on the other two members.

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
    Born: Lindsey Buckingham
    Birthday: 3 October 1949
    Place: California, USA

He has an astrological sign of Libra, and has two older brothers named Gregory "Greg" and Jeffery "Jeff", the oldest. Greg was an Olympic Swimmer and silver medalist winner in 1968. Greg died on November 11, 1990 in San Carlos, California of a massive heart attack. Greg is survived by his wife Daryl, son Cooper who is now 27, and daughter Cory, now 24.

Married to:
    Kristin Messner (15 February 2000-present) 3 children

William born in 1998, Leelee born in 2000, and baby Stella born in 2004.

Parents: Morris and Rutheda "Ruth". Dad Morris died in February 1974 at the age of 55. His mom Ruth passed away on January 2, 1999 at 78 years old.

Rutheda's Grandfather founded Keystone Coffee and his father Morris founded Alta Coffee in California. Stevie and Lindsey used to practice their music in the 1960's and 1970's in one of the rooms at his dad's coffee plant.

Lindsey always seemed to be very attracted to blondes with dark eyes and whispy voices, like Stevie Nicks. He has dated many women who look just like Stevie. One in particular, named Carol Harris, had long blonde hair, big brown eyes, and she was beautiful and petite with a quiet, yet smoky voice. She was a dead ringer for Stevie.

In the late 1990's, Carol was on a talk show, I think maybe Sally Jessy Raphael or Maury Povich (I do not remember exactly which one, but I do have the interview on video). The show was about rock stars and physical spousal abuse. She was on there to tell the story of her abusive relationship with Lindsey in the 1980's, and how on more than one occasion, the pair would be driving down the road and Lindsey would stop the car for no reason, and begin violently hitting Carol until she was black and blue and in tears. This behavior of Lindsey's seems to have carried over through the years, as he had done the same type of things to Stevie Nicks through most of their relationship. A little of that behavior was discussed in Mick's book "My Life And Adventures In Fleetwood Mac". I believe that some of his problem stems from his excessive drug and alcohol use.

One of his favorite places to create his music is in his "rain room". In his home in California, he has a greenhouse type room that is actually an all tile bathroom with glass walls and an all glass ceiling that he converted into a mini recording studio. When it rains, he goes in the room and sits and writes his music. This way he can enjoy the rain and not get wet.

STEVIE NICKS
    Born: Stephanie Lynn Nicks
    Birthday: 26 May, 1948
    Place: Phoenix, Maricopa, Arizona, USA at Good Samaritan Hospital on McDowell Road and 12th Street in Central Phoenix.

She has an astrological sign of Gemini with a Capricorn Moon and Aries rising.

Married to:
    *Kim Anderson (29 January 1983-April 1984) Divorced

Step-Child: Matthew Anderson who is about 22 years old now(she has not seen him in many years)

Parents: MOM - Barbara Alice Meeks-Nicks (born 12 November, 1927 in Bisbee, Arizona
    DAD - Aaron Jess Seth Nicks "Jess" (both are living in Paradise Valley, Arizona)

Brother: Christopher Aaron Nicks born 18 December, 1955 in El Paso, Texas, USA

Brother's Wife and Stevie's longtime friend and back-up singer: Lori Perry-Nicks born October 1951 in California

Brother's Daughter: Jessica James Nicks "Jessi" born 27 September, 1991

Children: No one knows for sure except for Stevie! She claims to have had 4 abortions in the 1970's and 1980's. One of the pregnancies was from Don Henley sometime in the late 1970's or early 1980's. The two were going to have a girl and name it Sara. Stevie was a few months along and Don had set up a nursey for baby Sara's arrival. Stevie apparently found out that the unborn baby had down syndrome and other complications. She chose to abort the child, due to that, and the fact that she was on so many drugs and alcohol at the time, she figured that baby Sara did not have a chance at a healthy life. This all came from a book with quotes by Don Henley.

There are also rumors flying around (with incredibly strong evidence to back up these rumors), that Stevie possibly has a daughter named Cheryl Cusella aka Britney Marx. Cheryl looks exactly like Stevie (with traces of Barbara Nicks) during the "Rumors" era. Cheryl Yvonne Cusella was born in June 1964 and was raised in Scottsdale, Arizona and Cape May Court House, New Jersey. (Stevie would have been 16 at the time of Cheryl's birth) Cheryl has a brother named Nino Cusella, a business man in Scottsdale, AZ. Cheryl graduated from Chaparral High School in Scottsdale in the early 1980's, the same high school that Stevie's younger brother Christopher attended in the late 1970's.

Cheryl started out as a Stevie Nicks impersonator in the mid 1980's and went on to other things including concert promoting and animal shelter work throughout the years. She has been in and out of jail several times for fraud and drug use. Another career of Cheryl's was a strip club act in the late 1990's where her altar ego, Britney Marx, would lip-synched Stevie Nicks songs while topless. She is quite the local infamous celebrity. The act apparently went over well at Tiffany's Cabaret (now know as Christie's) in Phoenix, Arizona. It was written about in several local newspapers at the time.

Cheryl released a CD of music as Britney Marx, in the late 1990's. It did not do well on the charts or anywhere else for that matter. She cannot sing very well but the music is ok. I do have a copy of it if you are interested.

The reason I say that this rumor has strong evidence to back it up is because I once personally asked one of Stevie Nicks' closest family members (I won't name names) if Cheryl was in fact Stevie's biological daughter. The family member got very silent for a few moments, then began giving what seemed like a hundred frantic reasons why that's not possible (none of which were at all valid), and then got very angry at me and said, "I don't want to talk about this anymore!" and that "Cheryl Cusella is no longer my friend!" This family member has never mentioned Cheryl again and neither have I. It's an extremely touchy subject for this person and I feel like they would have never reacted the way they did, if Cheryl was not somehow related to the Nicks family. (This is, of course, my own assumption.)

To sum it up, this family member never once actually confirmed nor denied that Cheryl Cusella is Stevie's biological daughter. The subject was simply detoured somewhere else.

Stevie started singing at the age of 4 years old on table tops at local saloons and pubs in the 1950's. Stevie's grandfather A.J. Nicks was a local Phoenix country star and he took Stevie with him to his gigs. Barbara stopped the duo's career together when A.J. wanted to take tiny Stevie across the country on tour for more shows. Barbara said absolutley not, and that brought some harsh feelings between the family members.

Until Stevie was about 5 or 6, she could not say the name 'Stephanie'. She would say the name and it sounded like "Teedy". Barbara and Jess decided that Teedy, even though it was a nice cute name, was not appropriate for school. The two decided that 'Stevie' would be better and easier for little Stephanie to say! This story came from Barbara Nicks herself, when I asked her why they used the name Stevie and not Stephanie. She also told me that to this day she still calls Stevie her little "Teedy Bird".

Stevie used to pay her brother Chris 50 cents to dance with her as a kid and she always wanted to be a ballerina long before she ever wanted to be a singer.

Skip ahead a few years to her career. In 1964 she sang in a group called the Changing Times. Next was Fritz in 1966 in which she and bandmate Lindsey Buckingham began their life time career together. In 1972 the duo formed Buckingham Nicks and in late 1974 Lindsey was asked to join Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey said "not without my girlfriend Stevie", and the rest was history! Stevie has written and performed at least 75% of all the Fleetwood Mac chart topping hits and is the most influential artist in the group's history.

She went solo in 1981 with Bella Donna and with many more solo projects to follow as well as doing several Mac projects along the way. She has earned Fleetwood Mac many Grammy nominations for her songs like 'Silver Springs' and 'Dreams', which won them a Grammy Award in 1977 and was the first #1 hit that the Mac ever had. Stevie wrote and gave full rights of "Silver Springs" to her mother Barbara. With the first profits of the song, Barbara opened her antique store "Silver Spring Emporium" in the early 1980's in Scottsdale, Arizona. The store remained open and even moved locations a few times over the years until the late 1990's. The shop is currently under internal reconstruction and decorating and may not ever open back up, but Barbara told me that she still has plans to reopen asap.

Jess sold his concert venue and land in the late 1990's back to the Indians, who he originally purchased it from in the early 1980's. Compton Terrace, which was located in Chandler, Arizona, was home to many Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks concerts over the years! It was a great place to see a show.

Stevie, Barbara and Jess own a few pieces of land around Phoenix. There is a Whataburger Restaurant located at the NW corner of 35th Avenue and Bethany Home Road in Phoenix, Arizona. Stevie owns the land that it sits on and she came in for the opening of the store in the 1990's. She rode up on the back of her Harley Davidson, with her assistant driving, got off the bike and went in and ordered a burger, fries and a coke. She thanked everyone and the two hopped back on the Harley and rode back to home Paradise Valley. This story was in a local newspaper at the time.

Over the years Stevie has been said to have been romantically linked to stars such as Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey Buckingham, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, Sheryl Crow, Tom Petty, Waddy Wachtel, Jimmy Iovine, most of her female back up singers, and many others.

I could really go on forever about Stevie Nicks, but you can only write so much in a term paper. Here are some useful Stevie links.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

As I was reading this, it reminded me of 'The Long Story' thread!

I don't believe it. I think a few facts are interspersed with much crap.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten