Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    fp

good luck. I hope he comes your way and you get to see him. He was great when I saw him...so stinking cute

tt
    He was great when I saw him too. I saw him in Los Angeles.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

As did I!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

FP and GA, it shames me that I felt airfare from DC to LA was unreasonable and yet the two of you flew from other continents to see the LA show!! I missed HTL live because of it. So you know I'm hoping he does it at the show in Clearwater in November.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    FP and GA, it shames me that I felt airfare from DC to LA was unreasonable and yet the two of you flew from other continents to see the LA show!! I missed HTL live because of it. So you know I'm hoping he does it at the show in Clearwater in November.
    I've been trying to avoid saying anything like this, but I guess you would think the airfare to Sydney would be even more unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I've been trying to avoid saying anything like this, but I guess you would think the airfare to Sydney would be even more unreasonable.

Believe me, FP, I have thought about that! Leaving snowy Virginia and heading to Australia summertime? Sounds too good. But yes, that would put a serious dent in the Eagles fund for next year (and the truck fund and the food fund and...)
    VK

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I guess when you live on an island you are used to travelling! I knew that realistically, to see Glenn live I would have to do it, and I had a bit of a financial boost last year which allowed me do Niagara Falls and LA. And, yes, if he does not do the European thing, I would like to make it back again to the States to see him again next year. But I do know that airfare is a factor and I would never encourage anybody to be foolhardy about it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

As you all can tell, I don't have a problem paying for concert tickets. Even VIP for the Eagles. I just don't see why Delta, United, et al should make out on the deal.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Believe me, FP, I have thought about that! Leaving snowy Virginia and heading to Australia summertime? Sounds too good. But yes, that would put a serious dent in the Eagles fund for next year (and the truck fund and the food fund and...)
    I guess it depends how different you think the Eagles shows are going to be in terms of a setlist. Doing them in chronological order isn't necessarily going to mean big changes.

I know how far it is to come here. However, it was just as far for me to go the other way & I have now done it twice in two years.

Your trips were borne of necessity, though. We thought at the time he wouldn't be doing shows Down Under. When that necessity doesn't exist, the expense is harder to justify. It sure would be fun, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Going to Australia is on my bucket list... So I could accomplish multiple things at once. However, in order to get rates as reasonable as possible, I'd need to know the dates soon and we all know that isn't going to happen. By the time something is announced, airfare will be the same price as a mortgage payment or more!

As for the shows themselves, I'm the opposite of you, FP. I love seeing our guys solo and Glenn in particular. All Glenn all the time is a very good thing. However, I prefer seeing all four of them together. The magic that is the Eagles can't be found anywhere else and I really don't care what the setlist is as long as there is one.

The other deciding factor is a physical one. At this point in time, a plane ride to Australia would be unbearable. It's one reason why I didn't go to Hawaii the end of May with my family.
    VK