Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Beatles: Grew up on them in the 60's. They defined the music and culture of that era. They pretty much unlocked the fetters holding the kids in check and gave the adults something to unite in hatred of <LOL>

I've heard it said that Harrison "invented" the guitar lead!

I think most people would pick Sgt Peppers as their favorite album but for me, it was always "Abby Road". I remember literally wearing the gooves off of my first Abby Road vinyl. Then bought another and recorded it to reel to reel tape and never played the vinyl other to re-record it if the tape became unplayable because of rewinds or something.

The only thing I'd change in Austin's list of all time greatest rock bands would be to toss Led Zeppelin in ahead of the Stones. Both were deserving of the selection as one of the top three but I liked Zep's music and contributions to the industry more.
Funny you mention Abbey Road - its my favorite Beatles album as well!

My top 5 favorite Bands goes like this. Eagles - Stones - Beatles - Led Zeppelin - AC/DC or Aerosmith. For my 5th band I'm constantly trying to decide if I like Aerosmith or AC/DC better. I really love both band's music so it's a hard choice.

The Stones is kind of funny for me, I'm a huge Keith Richards/Mick Taylor fan but there are times where I'm not such a Mick Jagger fan. I really love the 70s stuff (Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Ya Ya's Live, etc). My favorite album of theirs is Exile. Just a great album.