Thread: Peter Cetera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Peter Cetera

I don't know if this belong in the Chicago thread, but since he hasn't been part of Chicago(and he hates talking about them) for over 30 years, I decided to make a thread about him.

Has anyone seen him in concert? He's playing in Biloxi, Mississippi on September 22nd and I want to see him. He's playing at the same venue I was going to see Kenny Loggins with my friend back in March, but of course I couldn't go because I broke my ankle two weeks prior to the concert.

Does he put on a good show? It looks like its going to sell out. The bottom part of the theater is already sold out and they only have the top part available. His tickets are very reasonable(I have no idea how much the bottom part was. I think I saw 75.00). The top are between 45.00 and 55.00.

I've been to the Beau Rivage a few times and there's not a bad seat in the place which I like about them. Plus they have screens so you would able to see him instead of seeing him as an ant.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-06-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Peter Cetera

Ooh, you should go Shun. Read the online reviews at Ticketmaster or wherever else - they're all good. People say his voice is the same as ever.

I guess his people don't update the web site much; the 9/22 date isn't listed:
    http://petercetera.com/tour/

I heard he puts on a great show and I've seen some clips from concerts and even specials(he did a show in Chile this past March. So that's an updated show). A friend of mine and her husband went to see him this past April(she had a video on her facebook page and he sounded good) and they also got a picture with him(I guess that's the advantage of being married to a famous singer. You can sometimes get backstage LOL. They were still up in the nosebleed section. LOL). His voice is still great.

Yeah. I notice on his website that it wasn't on there. I looked on there first after I saw links to buy tickets for the Biloxi show on other websites, but its on the Beau Rivage website and they made an event for this show on facebook.

I don't think they would sell tickets for a show that's not going to happen. Basically half the theater is already sold and I think its going to be a sold out show too.

I'm going to go. I can't get the tickets next week when I get paid because I have to use that money for something else(I wish I could pushed that back, but my next payday after next week is on a Monday), but I will definitely try to buy them at the end of this month. I wish I knew earlier he was coming so I could had gotten tickets in the center section, but I'm happy at the top. You really can't see that well at the bottom and I was mostly moving side to side when I saw Donny and Marie there this past December because somebody taller than me was in front of me.

The seats at the top are stadium style and you don't have to worry about not being able to see the singers because of a tall person is in front of you. The seats at the bottom are straight and you're screwed if somebody in front of you is taller.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-06-2017 at 12:24 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm so excited for you! I hope you get good seats. I'm only 5'6" and I hate when a tall person (or people!) sit in front of me.

You must tell us all about it afterwards.

Peter's show was amazing. This show was one of his symphony orchestra concert. So no electric. Just acoustics, strings, percussion and horns. LOL

I was way at the top. Almost at the last row, but I had a great view. Peter kinda looked like an ant, but it wasn't too bad. You can still see his face. The Beau Rivage also had screens. So you can see Peter very close. Also. Can I say that Peter has the most beautiful eyes. I'm a sucker for guys with beautiful eyes. I have no idea what color they are. Sometimes they look blue. Sometimes they look green. Either way his eyes are beautiful.

The show starts 10 minutes late. Before Peter and his band came out, the symphony orchestra played a medley of Peter's solo and Chicago hits. They sounded very good. Then Peter came out. I have to say Peter still has it. He still has that beautiful voice nobody has.

I was kinda disappointed that he didn't sing Restless Heart. He usually opens with that song, but he didn't with this song.

Other than that, I had a wonderful time. I was soo not disappointed in the show. I'm so glad I bought a ticket to see his show and I would definitely see it again. It was soo worth the 3 hours to Biloxi. Once the show was over, I got back on the road and took that long 3 hour drive back home. I took pictures, but he was coming out whitewash in the pictures and even on the screen, but I could get clearer pictures of his band. Darn spotlight. LOL

I follow Peter on Instagram and Peter posted some pictures from the beach. So Peter decides to funny. He posted funny pictures of him on the beach and found a doll without a head. He was trying to be a reporter. It was funny. You had to go to his Instagram page to see what he was saying. It was soo funny. I really loved that he's very active on his Instagram page.

I was at the gas station getting gas for my car so I won't have to do it when I left and saw he did an interview for The Biloxi Sun Herald. So I bought it and that's my little souvenir.

Here's the setlist.
    Symphony orchestra playing a medley of Peter's songs
    No Explanation
    Baby what a big surprise
    After all
    Glory of love
    You're the inspiration
    One more woman
    Introduces the band right here
    I wanna take forever tonight
    If you leave me now
    Stay the night
    Next time I fall
    Hard habit to break
    Hard to say I'm sorry
    25 or 6 to 4

Encore:
    Have you ever been in love

I'm super jealous! Many thanks for the detailed review, Miss Shun. I love the song "Restless Heart" too, it's lovely. Was the concert kinda short? He's in his 70s now, must keep that in mind.

"Have You Ever Been in Love" the Leo Sayer song?! I'll have to look into this.