Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find Glenn's solo albums

Default Where to find Glenn's solo albums

I'm still missing some of Glenn's solo albums and when I went on Amazon, to my surprise, No Fun Aloud and Strange Weather were out of print and sold at ridiculous prices. I've been slowly building my collection and had always assumed the albums would be there when I was ready to buy them. I see they're available on iTunes, but I like the artwork that comes with a CD. Does anyone know where to find them? I'm so disappointed.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Where to find Glenn's solo albums

Have you tried ebay?

I have to say you are not really missing any artwork from either of those CDs. The packaging is very basic, especially Strange Weather. Perhaps you should just get them on iTunes.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I have gotten mine on eBay often very cheap - much less than store prices. I was in a Better Buy in LA in 2016 and picked up a new copy of Solo Collection and also a new Cass County very cheap. (about $5 each)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good luck, groupie. I agree that ebay may be your best bet. I prefer CDs too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks, everyone! I haven't checked ebay yet. I may have to buy them from iTunes, but I still like the CDs for my car and I like the books that come with CDs. I've bought a few albums from iTunes (for other bands) and somehow it's not the same. I couldn't believe they were out of print, is there no interest anymore?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Thanks, everyone! I haven't checked ebay yet. I may have to buy them from iTunes, but I still like the CDs for my car and I like the books that come with CDs. I've bought a few albums from iTunes (for other bands) and somehow it's not the same. I couldn't believe they were out of print, is there no interest anymore?
    They didn't ever sell that well. That's the brutal truth.

I thought when he died some effort was going to be made to re-release the solo albums but nothing was done until this new box set which, as has been pointed out, includes virtually nothing from No Fun Aloud.

This is another website to order online. This is my go-to source for all things music.

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=glenn+frey&type=all

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks, Delilah! That looks like a great site, I'll check it out!

FP - that's a shame. I was excited for the box set at first, thinking I would finally get the albums I was missing, but it is disappointing. No Fun Aloud in particular is extremely hard to find.

Strange Weather should be pretty easy to find. But for some reason, No Fun Aloud, the CD, is going for some high prices on eBay (okay, high for me, but I may be a cheapskate) on eBay. If you're looking for vinyl, you can still get a good deal.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Strange Weather should be pretty easy to find. But for some reason, No Fun Aloud, the CD, is going for some high prices on eBay (okay, high for me, but I may be a cheapskate) on eBay. If you're looking for vinyl, you can still get a good deal.

Good luck!
    Thank you! The prices on eBay are high for me too. As much as I want it, $50 for a CD is too steep for me. People put things up for sale all the time, so I'm hoping one day I'll find an affordable one.